Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > 2.4L Turbo Forums > General Turbo Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Free intake for 04 High output PT Turbo

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21 Jun 2004, 02:27 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Free intake for 04 High output PT Turbo

AEM needs a PT Turbo (high output model) to design a cold air intake for. If you are located in the So Cal LA area and are willing to let us use your PT you will get a free intake. We would need your car for at least 10 working days and we cover the cost of a rental car for you if you need it. It may not take all 10 days. Please email me for more info at bparks@aempower.com

Thanks,
Brian
Old 22 Jun 2004, 12:26 pm
Senior Cruiser

Kind of odd that someone hasn't jumped on this yet, Brian. I would if I were there.
I believe that the air intake on all turbos, HO and 'Turbo Lite' are the same. The only difference in the engines is that the 'Turbo Lite' is detuned electronically in the PCM.

Good luck!

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by AEM engineer

AEM needs a PT Turbo (high output model) to design a cold air intake for. If you are located in the So Cal LA area and are willing to let us use your PT you will get a free intake. We would need your car for at least 10 working days and we cover the cost of a rental car for you if you need it. It may not take all 10 days. Please email me for more info at bparks@aempower.com

Thanks,
Brian

\"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.\"
Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

www.cybermopar.com

TripleJack
Old 22 Jun 2004, 01:00 pm
Senior Cruiser

I would have been all over this if:

A) I didn't already have Adam's full V.A.K. kit (intake and UCP) on my car
B) I could stand the thought of leaving my car with total strangers for more than a week! No offense, I'm sure you're a very professional operation, but, well, she's my baby!

I would be more than happy to stop by and let you have a VERY close look though.
Old 22 Jun 2004, 01:53 pm
Cool Cruiser

I'll see if I can convince the wife to let them use her '04 GT.

\'03 Electric Blue GT, silencers removed, K&N intake, Blanes Hood Struts, Emblems removed from rear hatch, Stage 1, Mopar BOV, Eibach springs, 18x8 Mille Miglia EV-R on 225/40/18 BFG g-Force T/A KDW 2, Eibach sway kit F&R, BTG Strut Bar, Chrome fuel door, custom 3\" cat-back exhaust with Magnaflow High-flow muffler, Blitz Dual Turbo Timer, Autometer Triple gauge pod, Autometer Ultra-lite with boost/vac, oil press and water temp gauges, Turbochargers.com wastegate, turboxs DSBC, Adams UCP, Dynoworks motor mounts with more to come.....
Old 22 Jun 2004, 02:16 pm
Cool Cruiser

I'd do it but im in NY!!
BTW their CAI for the SRT looks great!
Cant wait to get one for the PT...
Old 22 Jun 2004, 04:22 pm
Cool Cruiser

I would do it, but I have a Mopar Dual Exhaust.... so I my car wouldn't be a good representation of stock []
Old 22 Jun 2004, 04:43 pm
Cool Cruiser

I'm in Los Alamitos and have a similar set up to Mike-in Orange. How about a free Stage II instead!
Old 22 Jun 2004, 06:24 pm
Senior Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by PTGT_Boy

I would do it, but I have a Mopar Dual Exhaust.... so I my car wouldn't be a good representation of stock []
Isn't this for a free INTAKE [:I]
FS: '03 GT Elec Blue w/rear suicide doors or '03 auto PCM, S3 turbofold, WGA, 3.5" o2 & 3" DP - make offer
Old 23 Jun 2004, 03:20 am
Cool Cruiser

I would think that AEM wants a stock 04 GT for testing their intake, than getting an 04 GT with an aftermarket exhaust.