Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > 2.4L Turbo Forums > General Turbo Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
RB1 GPS Navigation System

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21 Jun 2004, 02:47 pm
Cool Cruiser

Default RB1 GPS Navigation System

The wife is just terrible at calling out directions and I hate walking into the gas station to ask for directions when we get lost. So I have been thinking about getting the GPS nav system Mopar makes for the PT. Has anybody else instaled this nav system and if so how do you like it? Here's a link to a site for more info, kind of pricey at 1,400, but anythings better than fuming at my wife for map reading impared. By the way I'm pretty good at getting lost too

Heres the link: http://shop.store.yahoo.com/wyckoff-...rb1radnav.html
Old 21 Jun 2004, 03:35 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

There are 2 RB1 Nav systems and 1 RB4 Nav system you can buy (I don't see much difference between the RB1's, even the price is the same, RB4 is $200 cheaper) Could be the model number varies by the year of your PT:
Part #82206406 - RB1 AM/FM, Navigation,CD, DVD
Part #82206406AB - all of the above plus Sirius and includes cd changer controls
Part #82208481 - RB4 Navigation Radio includes AM/FM radio with one-disc CD player with CD changer controls, display screen, GPS antenna and two CD geographic discs covering all of mapped US and parts of Canada. Icon screens and voice prompts lead you to your destination.

Here's another site for you, input the above numbers to get the price and to order:
http://www.trademotion.com/partlocat...?siteid=213794
RB4 = $976.50
RB1 = $1,116.50
Old 21 Jun 2004, 03:37 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to macster

I got a Garmin 2610. It's not bad for what it does.

m~

Patriot Blue PTGT, Stage1, K&N Typhoon, 2.5\" Cat back exhaust, Sun Hyperground, Sun HOT INZAMA Hyper Voltage system, Adams Uppipe
Old 21 Jun 2004, 05:23 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

My wife has this system (Mopar Navigation Radio RB1 with a 4.9-inch full-color display) in her Jeep Grand Cherokee and likes it. We purchased this with the car (new) and paid much less (somewhere around $1050 to $1100) than suggested MSRP and got a free soft-ware upgrade the first year. Although this system has one of the smaller screens of those presently on the market today we have found it easy to read--even on a bright sunny day with the sunroof-shade open. [8D]
Old 22 Jun 2004, 03:44 am
Cool Cruiser

Thanks Sci-fi, looks like the Tenafly site has the cheapest price, I'll shop there.
If i'm not mistaken is the Garmin a hand held GPS unit, personally I'm looking for something that is a fixed system for our car. I have a GPS moduale for my PDA, but with all the extra wires and adapters and chargers you have to bring along it's just such a hassle.
Hey Gary can you bring up points of interest on your GPS system, like resturants and gas stations and if your software upgrade wasn't free, how much would it have cost you.
Thanks all keep on cruisin.
03 Black PT GT: BTG Strut Tower Brace, BTG Rear Anti Sway Bar, Psi-Fi Control Arm Bushings, H&R Wheel Spacers, Mopar Stage 2 Coilovers, Yokohama AVS ES100, Stage 1, Uppper Charge Pipe, Mopar Plastc Manifold.
Mods On The Way: AGP Wastegate Actuator
Old 22 Jun 2004, 10:27 am
Cool Cruiser

When Traveling the wife and I use our laptop computer and the GPS antenna and software from Delorme. Works great. Software and antenna are like $149.00 and the laptop, use it at work and play was $999.00.

Mike
Old 22 Jun 2004, 11:27 am
Dedicated Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by strangelove
...Hey Gary can you bring up points of interest on your GPS system, like resturants and gas stations and if your software upgrade wasn't free, how much would it have cost you...
Not really sure on the price of software update--maybe somewhere between $100 to $200. You may get a coupon with your system. Points of interests can be found once your destination has been programmed into the system. The system is not "super sophisticated" but gets the job done.
Old 22 Jun 2004, 07:16 pm
Cool Cruiser

Hey Gary since the RB1 uses DVD techonology for the mapping software, have you ever tried to put in a movie DVD? If you could watch movies too that would be a blast. If not I wonder if there is a firmware update or a hack that you could program into the RB1 to allow for movie playback?
03 Black PT GT: BTG Strut Tower Brace, BTG Rear Anti Sway Bar, Psi-Fi Control Arm Bushings, H&R Wheel Spacers, Mopar Stage 2 Coilovers, Yokohama AVS ES100, Stage 1, Uppper Charge Pipe, Mopar Plastc Manifold.
Mods On The Way: AGP Wastegate Actuator
Old 22 Jun 2004, 07:23 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

Quote:

Hey Gary since the RB1 uses DVD techonology for the mapping software, have you ever tried to put in a movie DVD?...
Don't know it a DVD movie works (probably not) and never tried it. You know, gotta keep my eyes on the road while driving... [8)]
Old 22 Jun 2004, 11:51 pm
Regular Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Gary04GT

Quote:

Hey Gary since the RB1 uses DVD techonology for the mapping software, have you ever tried to put in a movie DVD?...
Don't know it a DVD movie works (probably not) and never tried it. You know, gotta keep my eyes on the road while driving... [8)]
I swear if I see a guy watching 2fast 2furious at a redlight, I cant be held liable for anything I do