PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
new and looking for answers

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30 Jun 2004, 10:18 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default new and looking for answers

Hey everyone,

im looking at getting a 2003 PT and was wondering besides the HP, whats the difference between the lite and GT. I would like a 5spd and I know the GT comes with one but thats not to much of a concern. Also I would be getting the Stage 1 upgrade done. There isnt too much difference in prices up here and was wondering about 1/4 mile times for stock and Stage 1 vehicles.

Thanks for any info
Old 30 Jun 2004, 10:47 pm
Young Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to 1MEAN PT

IM no expert but I asked the same qustion yesterday and from what I can gather your better off with the gt because you get a better suspension ,traction control and 17 inch tires
Old 30 Jun 2004, 10:52 pm
Young Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to 1MEAN PT

LOOK under the STAGE 1 POST then look for TURBO LITE VS GT and you will see all the post with more knowlable answers then I gave you
Old 01 Jul 2004, 12:43 am
Senior Cruiser

If you really want a 5-spd then you have to get the GT, it isn't available with the Turbo Lite.

Various car magazines show 1/4 mile times for a stock GT with the auto trans at 15.7 seconds. I have a Turbo Lite with Stage 1 (yes, it works just fine) and I've run 15.0 in my first attempts. I'll be running again on the 17th of July with some ideas on how to improve. Others around here have run mid 14s with boost controllers. Rice_Killing_GT ran a 14.2 right next to me one night, but he's got a couple of other mods.

1MeanPT is right about the nicer suspension, brakes, etc on the GT. I've replaced the shocks/struts/springs/tires/wheels on my Turbo Lite so that really isn't an issue for me. Stage 1 on a Lite or GT yields the same result: 235-240HP. Why did I go for the Lite? I loved the interior of the Platinum Series and, well, I did all the mods listed above so I got what I want and can eat Mustangs for lunch!
Old 01 Jul 2004, 03:12 am
Cool Cruiser

Might be better off trying to get a 04 GT models as they come with Stage 1 fuel injectors. Installing Stage 1 will only be a 10 to 20 minute process. A 03 Model, you have to change fuel injectors and that can be a real pain to disconnect all the stuff and stick them back on.

The incetives are HUGE right now for Chrysler and you can get a 04 GT 5 Speed model around the low 20k range.

The fastest time I've seen for an 04 5-Speed manual GT with Stage 1 and race pipes was from 3BarBoost at 14.5 secs.

Car and Driver rates the 05 PT GT Convertibles 5-Speed 1/4 mile at 15.4 secs. Considering that the Verts are 200 lbs heavier than the 04 5-Speed GT's, you can expect roughly 15.2 sec 1/4 miles at factory settings and a full tank of gas.
Old 01 Jul 2004, 06:36 am
Fresh Cruiser

do the GT's come with LSD or are they one wheelers?
Old 01 Jul 2004, 12:23 pm
Senior Cruiser

No LSD - drugs are bad, don't do drugs.

Oh, wait, sorry, wrong forum.

OK, OK......no LSD from the factory is available, and I don't believe an aftermarket one even exists for the PT. So don't stand on the gas exiting a corner or you'll spin 'til you're dizzy.
Old 01 Jul 2004, 04:46 pm
Regular Cruiser

I have an '03 5 Spd with a few mods and my last run was 14.4 @ 98. I hope to improve on this tomorrow.
Old 01 Jul 2004, 04:53 pm
Cool Cruiser

I went with the GT but I think Mike's route is just as good. With the GT however, you can wrap almost all the cost of the extas into the payment. See if you can negotiate the Stage1 as part of the package. Then all you need is the UCP, exhaust, intake, BOV and, and, and, and.....

Goos cruizin up there.
Old 01 Jul 2004, 05:49 pm
Senior Cruiser

Quote:
quote:ksquared11 Posted - 07/01/2004 : 3:46:28 PM
I have an '03 5 Spd with a few mods and my last run was 14.4 @ 98. I hope to improve on this tomorrow.
A few mods!! LOL!! Psi-fi powerpaq, MBC.....yeah, nothing much! What an awesome combination, I love it! Keep us posted on your new, lower times! And don't forget to take your laptop with you in case you need to reinstall that map!