Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > 2.4L Turbo Forums > General Turbo Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
2004 Turbo GT AC issues

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22 Aug 2017, 11:04 am
Fresh Cruiser

Default 2004 Turbo GT AC issues

Ok, so I am going call upon the collective wisdom of this site and see if my thinking is anywhere near straight.

Wanda the Blackhearted (my daughter's 2004 PT Cruiser GT Turbo) has been a nightmare from day one. Now, in our final days, with all of the engine issues resolved, we went to charge the AC system. With the engine running, she starting 'hiccuping' after about 2/3rds of a full charge. Idle would dive, come back up, dive, come back up, and then idle would get rougher, and progressively deteriorate. This only happens with the AC on, and only after coming up to operating temperature. (If it were me, I'd drive it as-is, but it's my college freshman daughter, so AC is a requirement, especially here in Florida.)

I've read other posts on non-turbo cars, and have seen where the radiator fan is to blame. The symptoms here are virtually identical, but I know the fans are different. In general opinion, is that the case here as well, or should I be looking elsewhere?
Old 22 Aug 2017, 04:26 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Default Re: 2004 Turbo GT AC issues

Might be the fan or possibly the low pressure switch. Do a search here. There's how to's for checking both.

I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery. Thomas Jefferson
Charlie