PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Turbo coolant line seals

Like Tree11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07 Mar 2018, 10:11 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Turbo coolant line seals

I am replacing the turbo on a 2005 convertible and am trying to find new gaskets/seals for the coolant lines that bolt to the back of the turbo. They are little copper washers. There are 4 of them in total. I've tried my local NAPA and I have looked at WholesaleMopar.com and several other sites that sell factory parts.

Anyone have a good part number for these parts?

Thanks
Old 09 Mar 2018, 09:44 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Default Re: Turbo coolant line seals

If you're talking what I think you are, then you're probably starting the counter sales clerks off in the wrong direction. They are not "seals" or "gaskets".

If I'm right about what you want, they are called 'crush washers". NAPA" does carry them but call your local store with the following part numbers to verify. Also take one of the old ones in to compare before you buy them.

https://www.napaonline.com/en/p/BKNHPP177006ERL

Jerry
Old 09 Mar 2018, 09:53 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Grainger also carries them.

Copper crush washer:
wwpptc and podo2000 like this.

'06 Touring Edition NA Automatic
160k Miles / Electric Blue Pearl
USMC '82 - '93
Old 12 Mar 2018, 11:20 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Or just reuse what lyou have. If you didn't damage them. Brakes use these sometimes. I have never had a leak reusing these.

03 Dream stock___________________________ 04 Touring turbo lite stock_________ 02 Touring stock_____________________ The "Three Amigos"
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________Performance, Body and Service, OEM

This Is my project page.
http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...oject-1-a.html

This is a great read from one of our own! Badglas
badglas.blogspot.com
Old 12 Mar 2018, 11:38 am
Obsessed Cruiser

If what you need is Item #5 below, the part number is likely 5080136AB for a 2004 thru 2009 turbo PT Cruiser.

Amazon has got them, but NAPA is going to cost much less.

https://www.amazon.com/Mopar-Perform.../dp/B0049EKUI0
Attached Images
File Type: jpg TurboParts01.jpg (94.1 KB, 29 views)

Last edited by Handy_Cruiser; 12 Mar 2018 at 11:46 am.
Old 12 Mar 2018, 01:22 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handy_Cruiser View Post
If what you need is Item #5 below, the part number is likely 5080136AB for a 2004 thru 2009 turbo PT Cruiser.

Amazon has got them, but NAPA is going to cost much less.

https://www.amazon.com/Mopar-Perform.../dp/B0049EKUI0
I would suggest going to the dealer with some measuring tools to see if they are identical. Several internet websites are indicating that 5080136AB does not fit your Pt Cruiser but it wouldn't hurt to check it out. Very hard to find any part number for the part you are requesting.
Handy_Cruiser likes this.
Old 12 Mar 2018, 02:21 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptcruisersteve View Post
I would suggest going to the dealer with some measuring tools to see if they are identical. Several internet websites are indicating that 5080136AB does not fit your Pt Cruiser but it wouldn't hurt to check it out. Very hard to find any part number for the part you are requesting.
Hey Steve. You can't go buy Amazon's application guide. It's usually not that accurate. Try several of the Mopar sites that are run be dealerships. Those are usually as accurate as what the dealership parts folks have.

My first choice would be to try the set from NAPA that Jerry recommended. Beside the fact that he has first-hand experience with these, the NAPA washers are much cheaper. Plus, you can take one of the old ones with you to the parts store to compare before you get it. Recommended by a true PT expert, much lower price, and compare before you buy; what's not to love about a deal like that?
wwpptc likes this.

Last edited by Handy_Cruiser; 12 Mar 2018 at 02:28 pm.
Old 12 Mar 2018, 02:31 pm
Regular Cruiser

Part number: 04852396AB

https://www.factorychryslerparts.com...4852396AB.html

Adding fleabay link $3.72 ea. free shipping.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/4852396AB-G...r/322955209967

Last edited by Azrak; 12 Mar 2018 at 02:52 pm.
Old 12 Mar 2018, 04:42 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handy_Cruiser View Post
Hey Steve. You can't go buy Amazon's application guide. It's usually not that accurate. Try several of the Mopar sites that are run be dealerships. Those are usually as accurate as what the dealership parts folks have.

My first choice would be to try the set from NAPA that Jerry recommended. Beside the fact that he has first-hand experience with these, the NAPA washers are much cheaper. Plus, you can take one of the old ones with you to the parts store to compare before you get it. Recommended by a true PT expert, much lower price, and compare before you buy; what's not to love about a deal like that?
Even websites with mopar parts indicated the part number won't work on Pt Cruisers.

https://www.mymoparparts.com/oem-par...ring-5080136ab

This website did have your part number. I would still verify with measuring tools.
https://www.factorychryslerparts.com...Term=5080136AB

Last edited by ptcruisersteve; 12 Mar 2018 at 04:50 pm.
Old 12 Mar 2018, 06:03 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Even dealership websites, that ask for the vehicle VIN, are not 100% accurate. I found this out while recently searching for the horn switch for my PT.

I first called the Parts Department at my local dealership and was given one part number, but when I sent to several different dealership websites to search for the best price, they all gave me the warning that the part number that I was given did not fit my PT.

This is a pic from 1 of 4 websites that I tried:

In talking with a parts person at my local dealership, he informed me that the switch has 3 different part numbers, one of which is listed in the Technical Service Bulletin on the horn switch activation.

I then emailed the Service Manager at my local dealership and he gave me the same part number as the parts person and that the switch in the TSB has been superseded.

I had even contacted Chrysler Customer Service and through repeated emails back and forth, they refused to provide the correct horn switch part number for my PT, part of their reply was, "...the dealership would not install incorrect parts into your vehicle..."

I had also called a couple of other dealerships and was given the last and most recent part number. So I have that same part number, from several different sources, even though the dealership websites say that it doesn't fit my PT.

My point is, I'm going with the one recommended by the dealership Service Manager, and if it's wrong, then he will be on the hook for fixing the issue.

'06 Touring Edition NA Automatic
160k Miles / Electric Blue Pearl
USMC '82 - '93

Last edited by rckstein; 12 Mar 2018 at 06:07 pm.