PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Different turbo years pro and cons

Like Tree12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06 Sep 2018, 02:49 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Different turbo years pro and cons

All turbos have the same mechanical hardware. GT and lite. PCM is the source of diffrent HP. So you may choose buy for that. Or choose body style and get a tuner.

03 Dream stock___________________________ 04 Touring turbo lite stock_________ 02 Touring stock_____________________ The "Three Amigos"
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________Performance, Body and Service, OEM

This Is my project page.
http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...oject-1-a.html

This is a great read from one of our own! Badglas
badglas.blogspot.com
Old 11 Sep 2018, 12:14 pm
Cool Cruiser

04 or 05 (makes 220hp stock), color, moonroof, and heated seats. Those are your options, then buy stage 1 tune to make 240ish hp. Good Luck have fun.

03 has "stage 0" injectors you have to swap if you want to go stage 1, and technically only make 215hp stock.
06 or 07 have CAN BUS to mess with.

Technically 06 and 07 made 230hp factory, but that is 99% because of the plastic turbo manifold. You can find it on some later built 05's, or swap it yourself, just don't forget to also grab a dipstick tube for that manifold as it is different than the aluminum one. supposedly good for 8ish HP (it has been proven they do flow better than the aluminum one, mainly evening the air temp between cylinders. ~1% air temp difference between cylinders for plastic, up to ~10% air temp difference between cylinders on the aluminum).

I have stage 1, plastic manifold, and an 03.... I duno wtf I make, but it sure does vroom vroom.
Handy_Cruiser likes this.

04' GT Manual Purple PT Mileage: 95k (Died Spring 2018)
05' N/A Automatic Red PT Mileage:121k (Died summer 2017)
Old 12 Sep 2018, 05:09 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Danny aka bustedPT I won't comment about what you and I just read on this thread.... ROLMAO .......

Dalai Lama
"Share you knowledge. It's the best way to achieve immortality."
ASE MASTER TECHNICIAN