PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Will this computer work with my PT GT

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07 Jun 2019, 09:09 am
Cool Cruiser

Default Will this computer work with my PT GT

I am possibly wanting to get a computer programmed for stage 1. I have a 07 GT (5-speed). I was told any computer for a turbo (manual) would work regardless if it is a gt or turbo lite. The ebay listing I found a computer on shows it is for a manual and a turbo....is there anyway to tell by the numbers if this is correct?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ecm.jpg (66.2 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg ecm2.jpg (70.3 KB, 3 views)
Old 07 Jun 2019, 09:48 am
Cool Cruiser

Default Re: Will this computer work with my PT GT

I went out and looked at my computer and it is: 5187760AA...the one on ebay is 5187761AA.
Old 08 Jun 2019, 07:31 am
Veteran Cruiser

Get in touch with Myckee. He's an awesome dude and knows more about the TIPM's than most people. He can program and sell you one at a better price than you'll find on the internet. And he stands behind his work. That's rare nowadays.

Ignorance can be educated, crazy can be medicated, but there IS no cure for stupid.
Old 08 Jun 2019, 11:00 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuzz View Post
Get in touch with Myckee. He's an awesome dude and knows more about the TIPM's than most people. He can program and sell you one at a better price than you'll find on the internet. And he stands behind his work. That's rare nowadays.
Mykee is very knowledgeable about PT's ECU's

Mykee has shown that he will stand behind any ECU he sells as a working unit!

Mykee does not program ECU's himself (that I am aware of to date?) for customers,(unless he has now purchased the software and the tool needed to do it which I have not read anywhere that he has?) sends them to someone that does window sales and installation for a primary living and as a sell learned side business ECU programming.

The only guarantee to these mildly programmed ECU's is that they will work . They are a very close program to a Chrysler STAGE 1 last known update before they were discontinued? A custom ECU programming requires several adjustments and monitoring of the engine vital information one of which and most important is the AFR's.
Old 10 Jun 2019, 08:10 am
Cool Cruiser

I think I am going to pass on the ecu right now and upgrade the exhaust first. Thanks for the info everyone
Old 10 Jun 2019, 01:51 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Hi All PCM's need to flashed to your VIN---Each year is specific. There is a company in Detroit that does it. Flight Systems 1-800-866-6727 does it.
Old 10 Jun 2019, 02:38 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjb457 View Post
Hi All PCM's need to flashed to your VIN---Each year is specific. There is a company in Detroit that does it. Flight Systems 1-800-866-6727 does it.
ECU/PCM engine management computers can be VIN "flashed" with any shop that has a "pass through" diagnostic tool. We have and use it at the shop when replacing any computer in a vehicle.

BTW.... Flight Systems was the original contracted program designer and supplier of the PT Cruiser STAGE 1 packaged "KITS" for Chrysler. They no longer have the licence for offering any CHRYSLER trademark STAGE 1 PCM's . They also had to turn over all the engineering and soft ware information concerning the STAGE 1 at the end of the contract and canceled STAGE 1 program from Chrysler. The little known STAGE 2 PCM was never officially released but a few found there way out in the world of PT Cruisers.
Old 15 Jun 2019, 03:47 am
Senior Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroPT View Post
Mykee is very knowledgeable about PT's ECU's

Mykee has shown that he will stand behind any ECU he sells as a working unit!

Mykee does not program ECU's himself (that I am aware of to date?) for customers,(unless he has now purchased the software and the tool needed to do it which I have not read anywhere that he has?) sends them to someone that does window sales and installation for a primary living and as a sell learned side business ECU programming.

The only guarantee to these mildly programmed ECU's is that they will work . They are a very close program to a Chrysler STAGE 1 last known update before they were discontinued? A custom ECU programming requires several adjustments and monitoring of the engine vital information one of which and most important is the AFR's.
Actually I do all the programming myself and have never shipped my units to anyone for programming...with the exception of a couple of PCM years ago to Sykes for Stage programming. That experience is what prompted me to learn how to do it myself. ��

I can erase and reprogram any factory pcm with any factory programming that will be compatible with the hardware.

I even have most of the "factory" Stage 1 (and some srt4 Stage 2) tunes for the various years and models.

I have the capability of doing custom tunes, but as I do not believe my proficiency is at a high enough standard, I do not offer this to anyone.

As far as the manual 07 year goes, regardless of whether the car is turbo or not, they used the same hardware in all of the manual cars. This is actually true from 04 and up. All are turbo programming compatible, and all are therefore stage 1+ compatible.

If you are going to buy one on eBay, get one from a manual, non-turbo, 07 car as it will have not been cooked to death already by the heat coming off the turbo.
Handy_Cruiser likes this.

Last edited by myckee; 15 Jun 2019 at 04:10 am.
Old 16 Jun 2019, 07:45 pm
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by myckee View Post
Actually I do all the programming myself and have never shipped my units to anyone for programming...with the exception of a couple of PCM years ago to Sykes for Stage programming. That experience is what prompted me to learn how to do it myself. ��

I can erase and reprogram any factory pcm with any factory programming that will be compatible with the hardware.

I even have most of the "factory" Stage 1 (and some srt4 Stage 2) tunes for the various years and models.

I have the capability of doing custom tunes, but as I do not believe my proficiency is at a high enough standard, I do not offer this to anyone.

As far as the manual 07 year goes, regardless of whether the car is turbo or not, they used the same hardware in all of the manual cars. This is actually true from 04 and up. All are turbo programming compatible, and all are therefore stage 1+ compatible.

If you are going to buy one on eBay, get one from a manual, non-turbo, 07 car as it will have not been cooked to death already by the heat coming off the turbo.
Great in to have about which computers will work! Thanks
Handy_Cruiser likes this.
Old 17 Jun 2019, 08:44 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by myckee View Post
My information that I was aware about you was old and now updated.

I can understand why your experience with having that person do a toooon prompt you to learn and do them yourself. LOL