Advertisements

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > 2.4L Turbo Forums > General Turbo Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
1st gen "P.O.S.T." - ( beep codes...)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10 Jun 2019, 12:44 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Question 1st gen "P.O.S.T." - ( beep codes...)

So, I've noticed lately that ( despite recently replacing the oil pressure sensor ) I can still trigger an occasional "oil pressure warning light" if I start the engine 'too soon' after putting the key in.

So now I have started waiting for all of the 'power on self test' beep codes to complete, before starting up the engine. When I do that, I never get the spurious stuck oil light.

I notice if I put the key in without doing up the seatbelt, it does five beeps, then a slight delay, then the final beep.

But if I put the seatbelt on right away, it only does two beeps, then the final beep (final beep coming about the same time as if the full five beeps had sounded first).

For years, I didn't pay any attention to the beeps, but I would always wait until I heard the fuel pump stop, before starting the engine. But once in a blue moon the oil light would be stuck on. I'd always check it, oil level was fine, engine sounded fine, and it would typically clear after the next startup.

Now I seem to have detected some correlation between the POST beeps, and spurious oil light display. Just wondering if the "beep codes" are documented anywhere...
Old 10 Jun 2019, 01:54 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: 1st gen "P.O.S.T." - ( beep codes...)

I would check to see if you have oil going from the oil pressure switch ( sensor) to the PCM.