PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Hidden cost of GT = Insurance

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20 Jul 2004, 02:26 pm
Regular Cruiser

Default Hidden cost of GT = Insurance

FYI:

Glad I bought the Turbo-Lite. In talking with my insurance agent he was 'releived' to hear I did not get the GT. Not sure of what the cost difference would be, but he sounded like it would have been big. I am 42 with clean driving record.

More FYI than anything,

Mike
Old 20 Jul 2004, 02:43 pm
Young Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by nozzano22

FYI:

Glad I bought the Turbo-Lite. In talking with my insurance agent he was 'releived' to hear I did not get the GT. Not sure of what the cost difference would be, but he sounded like it would have been big. I am 42 with clean driving record.

More FYI than anything,

Mike
I'm 32, no record, and paying $620.00 every 6 months for my 04 GT. I'm with Geico.....

Harry

How come "The People" in the First Amendment means The People; "the People" in the Fourth Amendment means The People; but "the People" in the Second Amendment (ratified in 1791) means the National Guard (created by an Act of Congress in 1903)?
Old 20 Jul 2004, 02:56 pm
Cool Cruiser

Aye it may be your insurance company mate, in the past that was typically the case because GT usually meant a few extra cylinders and a different driver mindset. Mustangs being a good example.

It's less of an issue with PT's as we're still 4 cyl.

I've also got Geico, 32 y/o, no record, $590/6 mo. it was a little less but adding my hood to the coverage bumped it up 25 bucks.
Old 20 Jul 2004, 03:16 pm
Young Cruiser

I'm 38, clean record and had been with State Farm for 20 years. They wanted to add nearly $600 for 6 months full coverage for my 2004 GT. Called Allstate and they cover my 2004 GT, 1996 fifth wheel camper, 1968 Dodge Polara wagon AND 1969 Mustang for $668. I'm at Allstate now.
Old 20 Jul 2004, 04:10 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

I'm 61, no moving violations in 16 years since moving to Washington State, have been a USAA member for over 30 years, and paying $406.88 every six-months for full-coverage on my 2004 GT. I also have my home and boat owners insurance with them. If you qualify for USAA insurance coverage by all means go with them. Customer service is outstanding! [^]
Old 20 Jul 2004, 04:12 pm
Senior Cruiser

I'm older with a major screw up. Had Statefarm and was paying $600/year. After screw up $5000 per year. Went to Progressive, 1st year $1200 now $850. My wife, son, house and the boat are still with State Farm. They have good rates.
Old 20 Jul 2004, 04:23 pm
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by bigdogdad

I'm older with a major screw up. Had Statefarm and was paying $600/year. After screw up $5000 per year. Went to Progressive, 1st year $1200 now $850. My wife, son, house and the boat are still with State Farm. They have good rates.
Holy ****! Wow BDD, that's one hell of a mark-up. I was with Progressive for a while and had problems with customer service, went to Allstate and again had problems with customer service (three letters, two walk-ins to the local office, 5 phone calls and they still couldn't change my mailing address :/), went back to Geico.

USAA is, by all accounts, a great group to go through as well.
Old 20 Jul 2004, 05:03 pm
Cool Cruiser

BDD, sorry to hear of the MSU. You must have posted before you saw Gary's post. He must be the oldest on the forum. It must take years to post over 2000 times!! I'll look up my insurance cost later and when I come to [:0] I'll let you know what it is![?]

Jn
Old 20 Jul 2004, 05:21 pm
Senior Cruiser

USAA is okay but I backed into something in my garage and filed a claim. Their total payout to me after deductable was about $700. They immediately raised my rate over $300 a year for the next 3 years. Other than this one "accident", I have had no tickets, accidents, anything in over 25 years. I still can't figure out why I am now such a high risk after one incident. Of course they will not give me any answer other than "well if you had one problem you will probably have another". WTF?!?!
'03 Inferno Red GT, 5 speed, STAGE 1, Mopar BOV, Plastic Intake, Modified Upper and Lower Airbox, Custom Airbox-to-turbo pipe, Borla dual exhaust, Maddog Short Shifter, Drilled/Slotter Rotors, Ceramic Pads, chrome wheels, chrome door spears, AMP chrome fuel door, PT Cruiser 3rd light diffuser, H&R Springs, Rear Sway Bar added, MGW chrome door lock pulls, Blane's hood struts, Custom license plate mount, some interior dress up stuff...more to come
Old 20 Jul 2004, 07:12 pm
Senior Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to sakigt

Clean record, 21 year old female

@19 Geico wanted $500 a month?!?! lmao!
w/ Progressive at $900 every 6 months

Allstate rocks at $590 every 6 now, with good student and all the other deductions.

14.67 @ 94.5 <--- Self Proclaimed Fastest East Coast PT with Black wheels!!!