Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > 2.4L Turbo Forums > General Turbo Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Stupid Ticket

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22 Feb 2005, 05:25 am
Veteran Cruiser

Default Stupid Ticket

Coming back from the coast on Saturday night I got a ticket for prohibited tire noise when I chirped my tires once after stopping for pedestrians in a crosswalk in Salem. When taking off the tire slipped momentarily on the crosswalk paint and then chirped once when it gripped the pavement. Tried to tell the motorcycle cop it wasn't intentional (it wasn't) but cops don't care and don't give warnings anymore with city coffers to fill. No money for schools, cops, roads, etc. It's a $87 chirp. Crap, if I meant to do it my GT will burn all through first gear and into second.
Old 22 Feb 2005, 08:27 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Never even heard of that! Was there dampness or moisture? You could argue tire slipped on that - If you request hearing and cop doesn't show twice - at least in NY, NJ, ticket gets thrown out.
Sounds really bogus and clearly for revenue. [xx(]

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 22 Feb 2005, 11:46 am
Obsessed Cruiser

MG,

Fight it (if you can afford the time off). You've had a lot of rain up there the last couple of weeks. If your serious about not doing it intensionally, explain it to the judge and see if you can get something to show the weather forcast for that day. The white painted lines are notorious for being slippery when wet. If your record is clean, you'll either get off altogether or the fine will be reduced considerably. Dress and act accordingly.
MY technical suggestions are given in GOOD FAITH without total guarantee, if in doubt go to a garage.
Cruiser Of The Month (COTM) May, 2015.
Visit My Home Page www.CREWZIN.com
I find it ironic that the colors red, white, and blue stand for freedom until they are flashing behind you.
Old 22 Feb 2005, 05:19 pm
Young Cruiser

in California, it's called
exibition of speed, a burn out
or a wheelie on a motorcycle,
count as the same thing.extra points
and twice the fine here.
Old 22 Feb 2005, 05:24 pm
Regular Cruiser

"prohibited tire noise"

Thats just dumb. I hate money grabs.

I'd fight it.

First, take you're car to the dealer and say the trans had a pause before it caught and you want it checked out.

Then you have the paper work to show the court that you DID have it looked at. Even though its all BS.[8)]

Old 24 Feb 2005, 01:17 am
Fanatic Cruiser

If you've never been to traffic court, this is your chance!

It's better than a circus, be sure to bring popcorn.
Old 27 Feb 2005, 12:25 pm
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Mean Green

Coming back from the coast on Saturday night I got a ticket for prohibited tire noise when I chirped my tires once after stopping for pedestrians in a crosswalk in Salem. When taking off the tire slipped momentarily on the crosswalk paint and then chirped once when it gripped the pavement. Tried to tell the motorcycle cop it wasn't intentional (it wasn't) but cops don't care and don't give warnings anymore with city coffers to fill. No money for schools, cops, roads, etc. It's a $87 chirp. Crap, if I meant to do it my GT will burn all through first gear and into second.
Crap Mean Green - Move out of the state ! ! ! ! [8)]

\'03 GT Inferno Red AutoStick - Stage 1 - Air Box Mods & K&N Filter - AMX Intake Down Pipe - Flowmaster 40 Series Exhaust - Magnacor 8.5mm Ignition Wires - Pin Stripping - Chrome Side Spears - Chrome Tail Light Covers - Chrome Fuel Door - E&G Custom Grill - Painted Rear Mud Guards - 3-D Liquid Flames - Chrome/Red Neon Washer Nozzles - Interior Neon
Old 27 Feb 2005, 12:57 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by mich_132003
Crap Mean Green - Move out of the state ! ! ! ! [8)]
Oregon is a beautiful state and a great place to live. [8D] You just don't want to drive [8)] in or around Salem! [?]