Advertisements
Finally, my custom pics

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10 Mar 2005, 12:13 pm
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Gary04GT

Originally posted by SuGamer
And to repeat...."Some debate the merits." [:I] [:I] For the record, I will never, never remove mine!!! [8)]
Kind reminds me of the "less calories" vs. "tastes great" debate! [^]
Old 10 Mar 2005, 02:52 pm
Cool Cruiser

How did you get around the spare tire and exhaust? or was there just enough room between them for the battery? Could you post a pic from underneath the car so we can see it's location in relation to them.
UCP:
As far track testing, there are soooo many variables that go into actually putting the power down, I doubt you could really pin down any single performance upgrade that would give you significantlly better track times, other than a turbo upgrade, or going from n/a to super or turbo charged. Driver, track temp, wind speed, tire temp, etc., all these things connot be exactly duplicated from run to run on the same car before and after doing a single modification, but it can be duplicated in a garage on a dyno, resulting in better #'s. That being said, the UCP in conjunction with other mods can result in better real world performance. I know after adding Adam's pipe I had to turn the manual boost contoller down because boost came up much quicker and it caused a spike! IMO, that means, at a minimum, the hard pipe increases the efficency of our little turbos. That may not result in a better 1/4 mile eta., but most of our driving isn't done at the track.
Please see Forum Guidelines regarding signature image sizing.
Old 10 Mar 2005, 08:46 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to SuGamer

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Gary04GT

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by SuGamer
...I originally brought Jim's UCP mainly for looks and alittle performance gain. What I got was looks and alot of performance gain!...
I thought Jim "stated for the record" that he is not making this product anymore because, after testing at the track, he found there was no additional performance gain--all show but no go --so to speak???. [:I]
Yup Gary, but he stated he will make them for certain people, especially those that buy his intake pipe. That's what he said about performance, but I'll tell you the Junior pulls alot harder and is a great compliment to my other mods. Some are saying that he stated this because he has trouble finding the parts and wants to take away business from Adam. But I don't know the reason, and I don't want to get in between their arguements and debates. But Gary and Gary I would definately invest in either UCP if I were you guys. It is probably the best upgrade I did next to Stage 1![?][8)]
Black 2004 PT Cruiser GT with chrome accent package, chrome door spears, billet gauge eyebrows, chrome beltline, Autotechnica tail light covers painted body color, TYC by Elegente backup lights and GPS Navigation. Silver dragons on sides and hood. Stage 1! Spark plugs gapped to .040, and installed a set of Crane Firewires. BTG cold air intake, AMX1397\'s Turbo Up Charge Pipe, Boomba Racing BOV, Hallman Pro PX manual boost controller and Mean Green\'s Hyperground Solution.

http://mysite.verizon.net/vze247vu
http://www.ptcruiserworld.com/Junior

Old 10 Mar 2005, 09:59 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by SuGamer
...But Gary and Gary I would definately invest in either UCP if I were you guys. It is probably the best upgrade I did next to Stage 1![?][8)]
Thanks for the clarification. I'd hadn't given this MOD much thought but now after your strong endorsement I just may have to give it some serious consideration. [8]
Old 12 Mar 2005, 02:24 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

Gary, you get it first and report back to us. I spent wayyyyyyyy too much money in the last few months, my allowance has runnith out. p.,s. I thought you were going to call me 630 947 2090 Gary
www.ptcruiserlinks.com/garys-cleaning-tips