Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > 2.4L Turbo Forums > General Turbo Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Do I belong here?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24 Apr 2003, 08:36 am
Dedicated Cruiser

Default Do I belong here?

I can see the "gear" heads are hanging out on this link, most of what is posted here flies over my koo koo nest. I do admire the tech info discussed, even if I don't understand what the heck you are talking about. Can you bring it down to earth for a dummy (mefor a moment and tell me where I can start under the hood. I have a turbo 5 speed. The cars exterior and interior is ready to enter any car show now> custom seats, neon, foot pedals, custom dash, metal mats, painted console, custom wheel, custom door sills, outside> shortie antenna, stinger fiber glass cowl induction hood, painted brake calipers, stainless steel dual exhaust, "T" handle on hatch, Barb wire pin stripe, what are some easy mods I can do to the engine. I had the car in at the dealer for the recall, and tried to get them to take out the air silencers, they wounldn't do it. I guess I need to find an indep around here. Thanks, gary

Old 24 Apr 2003, 08:46 am
Fanatic Cruiser

RE: Silencers and removal. Here is a good link with pics. This link is from the thread "Modding the GT" and is page 2 of 3 pages:

http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...&TOPIC_ID=1605

This should give a good idea where the silencers are, and how to remove them. All you will need for this mod is a flat-blade screwdriver, and a few minutes.

2003 Onyx Green PT-GT
K&N Drop-In Air Filter-Boost/Vacuum Gauge-Kenwood Sirius Satellite Radio System-Weather Tech Window Visors-3rd Brake Light Deflector(s)-Garmin Street Pilot III Color GPS-Added 2nd horn deleted by Chrysler

Old 24 Apr 2003, 09:12 am
Cool Cruiser

And then order your K&N Drop-in air filter!!!

Rob

Click to see my GT!!