Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > 2.4L Turbo Forums > General Turbo Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Boost gauge mounting option

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10 May 2005, 03:22 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Boost gauge mounting option

A friend is going to give me his SRT4 boost gauge. Nobody seems to make a single pillar gauge pod. So, as an alternative, I was thinking of using one of these mounting cups. Do you think it would look okay to mount this below the radio facing upwards? Any other suggestions?

Old 10 May 2005, 04:35 pm
Cool Cruiser

I would think you'd want it mounted where you could see it (without looking down where you plan to mount it). I have a tach mounted on my ImpalaSS's steering column in one of those cups. You could do the same in the cruiser.
Old 10 May 2005, 04:38 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Agree w/Dragula. Put my Aoogah horn button in steering column - it's easy to get at - 2 phillips screws in front (bottom) and 2 clips in the back. Inside there's plenty of room for wiring.

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 10 May 2005, 05:18 pm
Regular Cruiser

DMW, do a search for Turbo Boost Gage, and you'll find the answers to your questions, and pictures.
Old 11 May 2005, 06:30 pm
Fresh Cruiser

I made a panel that is mounted in my glove box to hold my boost gauge, and future stuff like EBC etc. So if you need it open it, if not close it. This is probably only good for PT's since we have a drawer under the seat and your not losing the only glove box. It's pretty stealth, plus you only need the gauge when you're tweaking so its tucked away from the wife, and you can lock it!.
Old 17 May 2005, 10:18 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to Blue Streak

Has anyone ever tried to flushmount a boost gauge in the drivers side dash cover? There is a vacant, visable, space between and below the temp/fuel gauge and the drivers side vent. I've never pulled the cover off to see if there is any room back there, but it *looks* like an ideal spot.
Old 18 May 2005, 11:49 am
Senior Cruiser

Blue Streak...Yes this has been done. I'll try and find the link for you and post it later. If I can't find it, be assured that it's possible.[|)]

http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...ms=boost,gauge
Old 18 May 2005, 09:03 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to Blue Streak

Thanks for the visual, 2step! I was actually thinking of putting it directly below that, but now that I see it, maybe I could use both locations for boost and A/F. Thanks again.
Old 20 May 2005, 09:47 am
Regular Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to dfunkdj

sorry just happen to rread this post I mounted 2 gauges on the steering colum. boost on the tach side and water temp on the left side both use a autometer gauge pod and both are the big gauges . I will try to take pics tonight and post later.

Don
Stage 1, Greddy blow off valve, AGP WGA, Custom open dual exhaust, Denso plugs, Xtremeboost upcharge pipe, AMX intake pipe, Ramair hoods hood, Apc ground effects kit, lowerd 3\", Turbo xs MBC, auto meter double gauge pod, and 2 more gauge mountd on sterring wheel {oil psi and temp, boost, water temp}
apc 2nd gen tail lights, more to come soon
Tampabay Pt Cruisers</b></font id=\"orange\">