PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Help w/ Installing

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12 May 2005, 10:38 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to hangtym3
Default Help w/ Installing

Hello, i just purchased the Mopar BOV, and magnecore wires for my 2003 PT GT, and i was wondering if anybody can tell me how to istall these things myself....thanx
Old 13 May 2005, 12:00 pm
Cool Cruiser

Hopefully the BOV came with instructions! Go to Sears and buy a 10mm wratcheting box wrench. It's not entirely necessary, but it makes the job WAY easier on you. Better yet, but a set in STD and metric. After I bought the 10mm wrench I liked it so much I did just that.

Make sure that the oil line to the turbo isn't touching the bolt head when you're done. You wouldn't want vibation to eat through the oil line.

The spark plug wires are easy. Do them one at a time so you don't accidently put the wires on wrong (hard to do with just the 4 cylinders but possible).

Use dielectric grease in the terminals for better contact and ease of removal later. You can get that from your local auto parts store if it didn't come with the wires. Mine did not.

I just replaced my wires with MSD 8.5 wires, and re-gapped the plugs. I had misfire problems from the stock wires. I have Denso Iridiums on the way, but I was too impatient to wait for them. It's running so well now that I doubt there would be much difference with the new plugs.
Old 14 May 2005, 05:13 pm
Cool Cruiser

Do the BOV when the car is cold. The conversion kit should have come with instructions unless you got it 2nd hand. You can do a search here and find lots of info on the install.
Please see Forum Guidelines regarding signature image sizing.