PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Water draining into passenger floorboard

Like Tree8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19 Sep 2017, 09:42 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Re: Water draining into passenger floorboard

123k 2005 PT touring, put in some a/c work like the whole system, but better than paying monthly car payments. had it 7 1/2 years. so all in all the engine is good, when the work is put in, i put in $ there too but just enough to keep it going like you would for the crazy prices they have for services, instead i just do what i need a bit at a time. now i have a leak inside the passenger side mostly rear carpet, but im guessing from a/c line is plugged up,no leaks from the window or doors or sunroof. just hope that isn't a huge problem heard it was easy just go under car and shoot air to a line for evaporator that is plugged up, and heard a big job that you need to get inside the dash to fix. so any ideas or better clues anyone???
Old 30 Sep 2017, 05:24 pm
Young Cruiser

Default Re: Water draining into passenger floorboard

the drain tube is accessible from under the hood passenger side, at the bottom of the firewall, a black rubber elbow, may be easier to get to it from underneath, pull the elbow off and blow some air through the stub sticking out of the firewall, if it was the heater core leaking you would be smelling antifreeze really strong

Tags
air conditioner, water leak