PT Cruiser Forum  
Advertisements

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Interior Accessories Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Welts detail/enhance your car's interior...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05 Jul 2005, 07:04 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

Default Welts detail/enhance your car's interior...

for only $20. Below are some PICS taken after I recently installed some "electric blue" welts in the interior of my Cruiser to further "brighten" it's slate grey interior.

I am pleased with the final results. I had hoped to do something using welts on the inside of the doors but nothing seemed to work out or look right. Although it took me a of couple hours and more (some experimenting time required for this novice) to do the job, I will be able to remove the welting in less than 10 minutes should I decide, at some point, I'm not happy with "the look". However for now I think it's a "keeper"! [^]
I found a place in Florida that sells interior trim and leather kits/pieces with some good "how to install instructions with photos" on its website: www.mrmikes.com If you are considering doing some interior MODS to your Cruiser you might want to check this site out as they now make stuff especially for the PT Cruiser. The nice thing about it is that you can do most of the work yourself without having to pay a custom auto-trim shop "big bucks". [8D]
Old 05 Jul 2005, 09:18 pm
Regular Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to Herschel

Gary, the car looks great. Tell me the truth-do you really
drive it? Thanks for the heads-up on the site. H.
Old 05 Jul 2005, 09:39 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Check out the seat bolsters....they work great and he sells them for 20 bucks that included a can of glue...
Old 06 Jul 2005, 09:06 am
Fanatic Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Gary04GT

for only $20. Below are some PICS taken after I recently installed some "electric blue" welts in the interior of my Cruiser to further "brighten" it's slate grey interior.

I am pleased with the final results. I had hoped to do something using welts on the inside of the doors but nothing seemed to work out or look right. Although it took me a of couple hours and more (some experimenting time required for this novice) to do the job, I will be able to remove the welting in less than 10 minutes should I decide, at some point, I'm not happy with "the look". However for now I think it's a "keeper"! [^]
I found a place in Florida that sells interior trim and leather kits/pieces with some good "how to install instructions with photos" on its website: www.mrmikes.com If you are considering doing some interior MODS to your Cruiser you might want to check this site out as they now make stuff especially for the PT Cruiser. The nice thing about it is that you can do most of the work yourself without having to pay a custom auto-trim shop "big bucks". [8D]
Looks great. I too have done the same to my Steel Blue. Adds a little "flair" I think.

People say I have a drinking problem. I Drink... I Get Drunk... I Fall Down... No problem! ! !
Old 06 Jul 2005, 09:42 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Great work Gary...looks fantastic. [^]
Old 06 Jul 2005, 09:29 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Herschel

Gary, the car looks great. Tell me the truth-do you really
drive it?...H.
Herschel, thanks and YES I do drive the car about 8K miles/year. [8)] I keep it looking good by using turbomangt's fine line of car-care products: http://www.perfectautofinish.com/

After almost two years and much work I think it's about done: http://www.ptcruiserclub.org/galleri...2/gallery1.htm

Old 07 Jul 2005, 11:40 am
Young Cruiser

Looks wonderful.. To bad they don't have anything to match my Cranberry..[:I]

Current Mods: Removing small pieces of paint on the hood and grille by painstakingly driving into flying debris kicked up by preceeding vehicles
Old 07 Jul 2005, 12:08 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Sandy-GRR8PT

Looks wonderful.. To bad they don't have anything to match my Cranberry..[:I]
I can put you in touch with someone who can probably get you any color you want. We got colors that matched my Steel Blue and my wife's Seamist.

People say I have a drinking problem. I Drink... I Get Drunk... I Fall Down... No problem! ! !
Old 18 Aug 2005, 07:13 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Gary the piece that goes around the passenger side dash above the glove box...Do you have to glue it above the glove box to stay put??
Old 19 Aug 2005, 04:57 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by pin20

Do people reply to responses here?[:I]
Yes!. See, you got a response.