Old 16 Jul 2005, 10:40 am
Dedicated Cruiser

Default Detail your front speakers...

for only $11. [8]

Great customer service from Maggie at this site:

http://www.raceandstreet.net/MainPage.php
Old 17 Jul 2005, 12:59 am
Cool Cruiser

I have seen them on there site but wonder if they fit as well as they show in the picture.
Old 17 Jul 2005, 01:44 am
Dedicated Cruiser

The fit is better than I had anticipated as is seen by the PIC in my post. These "chrome surrounds" are not made of metal (like the ones sold by Moss Motors at 6 times the cost) but are "chromed plastic strips" which are applied with 3M tape. For the "best fit" I recommend installing them in warm weather and/or using a hair dryer to warm the surfaces. This worked well for me. [8D]
Old 17 Jul 2005, 08:54 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Good find Gary. Another little excellent "detail" touch to set the interior off. [^]
Old 17 Jul 2005, 10:30 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Gary04GT

The fit is better than I had anticipated as is seen by the PIC in my post. These "chrome surrounds" are not made of metal (like the ones sold by Moss Motors at 6 times the cost) but are "chromed plastic strips" which are applied with 3M tape. For the "best fit" I recommend installing them in warm weather and/or using a hair dryer to warm the surfaces. This worked well for me. [8D]
Thanks for the information. It's going to be over 100 degrees here this week, so I'll install them one afternoon this week.[8D]

Don aka Basset Hound

Pics at: http://members4.clubphoto.com/don284358/
Old 31 Aug 2005, 12:05 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

I tried to install mine and after cleaning the area the strips would not stick very well. Did you use the accelerator that comes with it? Also if you used the stuff...if you decide down the road to take it off does the accelerator mes up the plastic at all?
Old 31 Aug 2005, 03:15 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

I just called 3M and they said that if you use the adhesive promoter it will marr the plastic. Another words down the road if you decide to take the peice off. The plastic that is was attached to will have a tan color marred finish that will not come off. Food for thought if you install a "MOD" that you may remove down the road. The problem is that without using this product it will not stick to the plastic no matter how well you clean it off.
Old 10 Sep 2005, 03:02 am
Senior Cruiser

I bought them and I am very pleased with my purchase as it was only $11 delivered to my door. Mine are sticking well and yes I did use the promoter that was supplied with the trim rings. I did have one slight problem and that was that mine were a little very little too long and had to be trimmed shorter. It really does dress up the lovwer door pannel!! Oh and the legendary service from Maggie was great as now expected!!
06 GT Auto, Cool Vanila Exterior, Presto Change O 3bl, Cargo Mat and Net, Billet Oil Cap, Yoko Avid 4Vs Tires, 03 GT Wheels, 4 Chrome Door Handle Screw Covers, MOPAR Mud Flaps, H&R Rear Sway Bar, Freedom Strut Tower Bar, Rear Door Sill Covers.
Old 10 Sep 2005, 10:57 am
Dedicated Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by rszappa1

I tried to install mine and after cleaning the area the strips would not stick very well. Did you use the accelerator that comes with it?...
I didn't use the accelerator at all and mine are are sticking well--no problems whatsoever. From what I have read if you ever applied any type of cleaner/conditioner to the interior plastic it will be difficult for 3M adhesive tape to stick properly [:0] regardless of how well you clean and "prep" the surface.