Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Interior Accessories Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Plastic Lens

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10 Aug 2005, 03:08 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Default Plastic Lens

Has anybody out there had any problems with the clear plastic lens on the instrument panel scratch real easy. I have always used a soft cloth with warm water and notice that when the sun shines on the lens there are very fine scratches in it. I have never had this problem on any other car I owned. Just curuious if any out there has had the same problem...
Old 10 Aug 2005, 04:23 pm
Cool Cruiser

I haven't with this car, but have had to fix many older cars. Disassemble the cluster and use plastic polish. It doesn't work well/look right if you try to do it in place.

2004 Dark Plum Base with windows tinted, cabin filter, silencers removed, fog lights, 18\'s, all Red taillights, Blaine\'s struts, modesty cover, color-matched center dash, 06 rear bumper
Old 11 Aug 2005, 12:44 am
Cool Cruiser

the plastic in the instrument bezel and the plastic on the face of the stock sterio are PAINFULLY easy to scratch

Be careful putting anyting on it.

Im getting ready to ClearCoat my instrument bezel to see if mine clears up otherwise im going to buy a new one.

2k3 Electric Blue Touring, N/A, K&N dropin, Silencers removed, Snorkle Replacement, BTG Catback Single Tip Exhaust. \"Technogrounding\", Custom Painted interior, 2k1 5 spoke wheels painted black, Next Destination: Hahn Stage 1. (alas! the perils of insufficient funds)
Old 11 Aug 2005, 03:22 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

let mr know how it turns out...It does not look hard to replace the lens....parts about 80 bucks...
Old 13 Aug 2005, 06:28 pm
Regular Cruiser

I have the same problem. My stock radio a long while back got all scratched up and I don't even remember using anything other than microfiber to clean it off. I was thinking maybe the dealer cleaned the inside before I bought it.

The lens' on the gauge cluster aren't that bad, but I have seen one of my friends pt's that he cleaned with windex and a paper towel (bad bad idea, dont do it!) and it got all scratched to hell.

I'll let him know about the polish and see if it works.
[^]