Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Interior Accessories Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Painted Dash Kit

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18 Aug 2005, 04:47 am
Fresh Cruiser

Default Painted Dash Kit

While I love the PT interior, I think that Chrysler maybe stopped short of detailing the interior fully - probably budget constraints.

I stumbled across the "(5-Piece) Paintable Dash and Door Set" available at http://www.cruisermotorsports.com/In...cessories.html

Has anybody else tried this... and can anyone offer any feedback on how it looks or what the quality is like? It ain't cheap, particulary as I'm a Brit and would have to pay shipping and duty.

Cheers
Old 18 Aug 2005, 11:20 am
Cool Cruiser

It looks nice, but does seem a bit expensive. I don't know what the conditions are over there as far as used parts. I bought a used center bezel here at a swap meet for $15 and spent another $45 getting sandpaper, paint and clear. It took 3 tries (my fault) to get it nice. Of course, the door areas are not done, and the cost of designing, tooling and producing those covers does add up. I'd hope someone here has pictures of this product so you can see how it looks, especially around the window switch and ducts.

2004 Dark Plum Base with windows tinted, cabin filter, silencers removed, fog lights, 18\'s, all Red taillights, Blaine\'s struts, modesty cover, color-matched center dash, 06 rear bumper
Old 18 Aug 2005, 08:15 pm
Young Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to TurboCruiser13

I painted mine myself in the true fire hue, haven't done the doors yet but one of these days I'll get around to it. I was going to do the window switch as well but I couldn't get the switches out of the peice so I just left it gray. I should be able to paint it black and it'll match up with the rest of the center bezel. I personally think any color other than the factory grey is better...but I'd suggest maybe doin what Purple04 did, it's MUCH cheaper when done yourself!

Old 18 Aug 2005, 09:14 pm
Regular Cruiser

If your silver PT has the same pewter color dash pieces as the U.S. models Plasti Kote makes a very close match for only $4.99 for a big spray can. Look for Light Pewter Metallic #1600. If you do a search at PTE you will find great step by step instructions.
Old 19 Aug 2005, 12:06 am
Fanatic Cruiser

The items from Cruiser Motor Sports are overlays for the center dash and surrounds for the door handles (see pic below).

Painted 5-Piece Set -- Price: $270.00
Center Radio Bezel Only -- Price: $170.00
Door insert pieces (4) Painted -- Price: $115.00

These prices include painting.

I have similar pieces that were painted and they are holding up well. These should be even better because they were designed to be painted.

My center dash:

Don aka Basset Hound

Pics at: http://members4.clubphoto.com/don284358/
Old 19 Aug 2005, 04:33 am
Regular Cruiser

I have the inferno red kit installed.
It's great! Only problem was it was hard to install it and line it up so it didn't show any gray around the radio bezel (showing the gray color under it which is the actual console).

Also the door handle rings need to be test fitted first to make sure they dont rub on the handle when u pull open the door from the inside. I had it happen on one door so I stripped off the 3m tape (a hastle) and remounted in proper place with new 3m automotive tape.

Everything fits great!

[?]
Old 19 Aug 2005, 04:07 pm
Cool Cruiser

Well when i did my interior i couldnt find this. i did it the hard way. took out all 4 door panels, center dash, and console/shifter bezel.

alas!

2k3 Electric Blue Touring, N/A, K&N dropin, Silencers removed, Snorkle Replacement, BTG Catback Single Tip Exhaust. \"Technogrounding\", Custom Painted interior, 2k1 5 spoke wheels painted black, Next Destination: Hahn Stage 1. (alas! the perils of insufficient funds)