Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Interior Accessories Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Auto-shift plate

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10 Dec 2001, 01:55 am
Fresh Cruiser

Default Auto-shift plate

Does anyone out there know if/where I can get a chrome auto-shift plate for the center console? I realize there is a dash kit out there with one in it, but that brand/company does not make kits to match the body color, which is what Im after. I did find a kit I like, which will have it made to match my car's color, but no chrome shift plate. As I also plan to get a lighted flame-ball shift knob, this accessory would be cool in my book. Anyone out there with any info/leads, please let me know!

Thanks!
Old 18 Aug 2002, 03:19 pm
Fresh Cruiser

ive been searching in vain for some kind of auto-shifter cover,somthing to replace the stock oval shaped job,alum. ithink, maby polished or anodized in a color with the shifter slot alot narrower then stock. i installed aB&M quicksilver ratchet racing shifter,the ones with the flat chrome sticks andbillit t-handle.
these types of shifters were made for rear wheel drive muscle cars,but, chrysler fwd auto trans. linkages bolt up real nice .it pretty much dropped in with no problem,now that doesn't mean it installs like a kit,but the couple of tricky parts we [myself and a friend with experiance with those things,b&m,hurst,]did the whole install in a couple of hours and now i have much more controll over the shifting then with the automatic,which i did not want to begine with[another story] my buddy also installed a shift kit and the jet module im using[mine does what its supposed to ,
by the way]improves your shift pointsand works well with the shifter.and, it also looks very cool,mines chrome plated on the flat stick and the the b&m' " hammer " t-handle is polished and anodized red.
anyone want to do the same,i can e mail or post a step by step.
theres a few different types availible from b&m, also hurst.
for the few of you that dont know what these are, there shifters for automatic trans. that let you shift from park to rev.thru neutrel to drive and back like normal but then when you want,it will drop down into ratchet mode where you can ratchet back to 1st then slapit into2nd[2nd and 3rd in our case]then 4th,[drive]the shifter will not overshift orshift into park or reverse by mistake and the ratchet action lets the stick return to the middle position after every shift very cool and its now got that muscle car compatition vibe going on ,i like it. any ideas on the trim cover for the stick im using the stock oval job and the opening slot is a little awkward looking if no one knows of any thing ive got a line on a custom setup but thats a last resort.
mab

Old 20 Aug 2002, 01:35 am
Regular Cruiser

You can try going to www.cvvacuumplaters.com or call them at (604)820-9571. They specialize in chroming plastic. I bought an Antenna Bezel from them had my Gas door chromed and my Head & Tailight covers chromed by them. I will be sending them my little air vent knobs,the windshield & back window washer nozzles to them for chroming. Take a look at these pics.