Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Interior Accessories Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
cabin filter

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05 Mar 2007, 08:55 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default cabin filter

Can anyone tell me where to find the interior cabin filter? I have a strange odor in my PT Cruiser and thought maybe changing the filter might help. I have the manual on CD but I can't seem to find where the cabin filter is. Any help would be appreciated.
Old 05 Mar 2007, 09:53 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

welcome to the board !! if i remember right i dont think all pt's have them ??[:I]
Old 05 Mar 2007, 11:51 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

On my '02 it was to the rear of the glove compartment. To check it out you remove the grille (?)under the hood, amd go thru above the compartment. The '02 didn't have one so I installed it.
Old 06 Mar 2007, 08:48 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Welcome, Wally.
PTs don't come with an air filter for us, just for the engine!
Here's how to put a filter in:
http://www.mooresmopars.com/GT-Cruis...in-Air-Filter/

Is the smell you have "musty"? Probably the A/C - also comes on with defrost. Try some Fabreze fabric softener - it eats odors. The recommended thing to do is shut off A/C and run fan only on high for a bit - that dries coil a bit and helps prevent mildew - which is the musty smell.

If it's a "sweet" smell, sniff the coolant (antifreeze) - does it smell like that? Then you have a leak to heater core....

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 05 Apr 2007, 06:31 pm
Senior Cruiser

get them while they are hot and cheap!
http://www.wyckoffchryslerparts.com/ptcruispasca.html [8)]
06 GT Auto, Cool Vanila Exterior, Presto Change O 3bl, Cargo Mat and Net, Billet Oil Cap, Yoko Avid 4Vs Tires, 03 GT Wheels, 4 Chrome Door Handle Screw Covers, MOPAR Mud Flaps, H&R Rear Sway Bar, Freedom Strut Tower Bar, Rear Door Sill Covers.
Old 07 Jul 2007, 09:44 am
Fresh Cruiser

Thumbs up Thanks for the link!

I just checked my filter and it was filthy! I tried the Briggs and Stratton 5063 filter mentiond in another thread but it wasn't even close to fitting! I cleaned my old filter out and it will work until the one I ordered from Wyckoff arrives.

Last edited by triggerman; 24 Jul 2007 at 05:22 pm.
Old 07 Jul 2007, 10:23 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Thanks for the link!

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggerman View Post
I just checked my filter and it was filthy! I tried the Briggs and Stratton 5063filter mentiond in another thread but it wasn't even close to fitting! I ckeaned my old filter out and it will work until the one I ordered from Wyckoff arrives.
The B&S filter worked on my 2002 with no problems.

2008 Silver Steel Metallic, Touring, NA, Sirius; Chromed door handles; lower grille; fog light surrounds; chrome front & rear bumpers strips; Airaid air filter; Bassani duals; Modesty Cover; Autolite AP5263 Platinum Plugs (.040); Crane Plug Wires; NAPA Ceramic pads; Blane hood struts; PTeazer Gas, Brake & Foot Rest Pedals, '05 Rear Step Pad, Stainless Door Sills, Llumar tint, "A" Piller chrome; APC Strut Bar
Old 19 Jul 2007, 08:04 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Default Re: cabin filter

Is the '03 & '07 the same??? My 03 had the housing already does the '07 have the housing minus the filter from the factory??like the '03???
Old 19 Jul 2007, 08:49 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

mjb, as far as I know the cabin filter remained the same.

2008 Silver Steel Metallic, Touring, NA, Sirius; Chromed door handles; lower grille; fog light surrounds; chrome front & rear bumpers strips; Airaid air filter; Bassani duals; Modesty Cover; Autolite AP5263 Platinum Plugs (.040); Crane Plug Wires; NAPA Ceramic pads; Blane hood struts; PTeazer Gas, Brake & Foot Rest Pedals, '05 Rear Step Pad, Stainless Door Sills, Llumar tint, "A" Piller chrome; APC Strut Bar
Old 20 Jul 2007, 04:07 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Ok ,I must be stupid because now Im confused.Does the 02 have a cabin filter?If so how and where do you install it?I was curious and read the threads and then checked out my manual.I cant find any refernce to a filter except for the intake and fuel lines.My 02 woody is a limted with all the bells and whistles.Does that make a differnce?
Because if its in there Id like to keep it clean and if not Id like to have one.Im in oklahome and the red clay dust we get can clog up a regular air filter pretty darn quick .
2002 Woody, Limted Edtion,Two Tone Leather Interior ,PW-PL-Heated & Hieght Adustable Seats,Moon-Sun Roof,Crohmed Bumpers & Wheels OEM Dark Tint Glass.K&N Cold Air induction,Crane Igntion & Wires.New Pirelli Pzero Tires. Best of all its a gift from my lovely wife