Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Interior Accessories Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
2001 seats

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17 Dec 2001, 12:26 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default 2001 seats

I have a 2001 pt with leather seats. I'm new to the forum so I don't know if this question has been asked.
I noticed that the 2001 cloth seats have passenger arm rests but the leather seats don't. All 2002 pt's have pass. arm rests.
I talked to a parts dealer and was told that there is no support member for the arm rest with the leather seats. Is this fair? We pay more for the leather seats and get cheated out of the arm rest. I also read in the owner's guide and it says that with the side air bag, people should not lean against the door. I don't know about you, but it would be very uncomfortable to sit straight up with nothing to lean against on long trips. So not only do I feel cheated by not getting the arm rest, I believe it is also a safety issue. I was told it would cost at least 600.00 for a new seat back that would support the arm rest. Please research. I believe the 2001 pt owners have a legitimate complaint.

wayne stockman
Old 17 Dec 2001, 12:41 pm
Administrator

Wayne,

Your parts dealer is wrong. 2001 Cruisers did NOT come from the factory with a passenger armrest... leather or cloth.

You can install a passenger armrest with a simple kit, available here:
http://store.yahoo.com/wyckoff-chrys...ruisrigse.html

What page of the owner's manual says "people should not lean against the door" ?

--
jody
Old 17 Dec 2001, 01:00 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Jody,

The message about not leaning against door is on page 38 para. 4 and also in the warning box, last para.
The dealer where I purchased my PT had all cloth seats delivered with pass. arm rests. All of them. I do believe they came from the factory this way.

wayne stockman
Old 17 Dec 2001, 01:54 pm
Administrator

If they were delivered that way, they are 2002's.

--
jody
Old 17 Dec 2001, 03:58 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Jody,
Well, I am affraid you are mistaken with the information you have given me. I don't know if you just aren't getting the truth from your source or what the problem is.
I have a friend here at work who bought the same 2001 with leather and no arm rest. When I told him about the cloth seats having them, he went to the dealer and saw for himself. I even asked the dealer why the cloth seats had the arm rests and he had no answer. They also told me they had the same complaint from several people.
When the sticker on the window says 2001, and the windshield has 01 written on it, it is a 2001.
I would appreciate it if you would research a little further because it seems someone isn't telling the whole truth.
And as far as the side air bag warning. What does Chrysler say about that?
Don't get me wrong. I love my PT, but I just feel I along with everyone else who bought a 2001 PT were cheated.

wayne stockman
Old 17 Dec 2001, 05:04 pm
Regular Cruiser

Wayne, my wife has a 2001 touring with cloth seats, it DOES NOT havea passanger side arm rest. It was built in April '01. None of the '01's we looked at had passanger side armrests. Your source is misinformed, Jody is right.

Old 17 Dec 2001, 06:12 pm
Administrator

Wayne. I own both '01 and '02 Chrylser PT Cruiser catalogs which I got at my local dealer.

Here's the armrest info taken directly from the "All PT Cruiser Models Include" sections of both catalogs.

Hope this helps. Happy Cruisin.

--
jody
Old 18 Dec 2001, 06:18 am
Fresh Cruiser

2001 cloth here and no arm rest!

2001 Touring
smoked back up lights, red turn signals, adjustable antenna, pedal covers
Old 18 Dec 2001, 08:19 am
Fanatic Cruiser

Wayne believe us, I have 2001 base cloth seats no passenger armrest,wifes is 2001 touring cloth seats no armrest. All of us have either added wide armrest to 2001, added oem passenger armrest, or just survived with driver armrest. 2001 didn't come with passenger armrests.

01 Aquamarine base 5sp,mods-cold air induction,dynomax muffler,rear sills,rear step pad,color matched center console and rear muds w/gold letters,3bl"RETROROD",LIC"FLASHBK2" ,custom seat covers,weathertech rain guards,gold beltline pinstripe
Old 19 Dec 2001, 06:35 am
Fresh Cruiser

The last few of the 2001s may have the arm rest. We need the build date in the door jamd to know for sure. and anything built after about sept. is actualy the next model year.

2001 Touring
smoked back up lights, red turn signals, adjustable antenna, pedal covers