Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Interior Accessories Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Annoying squeek in dashboard

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28 Mar 2007, 07:03 pm
Cool Cruiser

Default Annoying squeek in dashboard

The colored panel on the face of my dashboard around the speedometer/odometer cluster is loose and rattles in a squeeking fashion. When I push on it it squeeks too. Actually it's the carbon simulated panels on a GT if that makes a diofference.

How easy is it to remove this panel to determine the source of the squeek? Does it just pry off, or is there a trick to do this?

Thanks,
Joe
Old 29 Mar 2007, 10:24 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Many of the add ons for the PT just use 3M tape. That may be the case of the faceplate you have.

If so, the best way is to attempt to "lift" a corner, if so, pull gently and the whole face may come off. 3M tape can be purchased at most auto stores. If you have a body shop near try talking to them and get thier input.[xx(]
Old 29 Mar 2007, 10:41 pm
Cool Cruiser

Thanks Hooligan,
It's not an aftermarket add on, it is the stock Chrysler panel. Is that what you mean?

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Hooligan

Many of the add ons for the PT just use 3M tape. That may be the case of the faceplate you have.

If so, the best way is to attempt to "lift" a corner, if so, pull gently and the whole face may come off. 3M tape can be purchased at most auto stores. If you have a body shop near try talking to them and get thier input.[xx(]

http://www.pbase.com/robinjoe/pt_cruiser
Old 30 Mar 2007, 10:06 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

I didn'trealize it was stock!! I replaced my dash area, but don't remember how I did it other than "popping" the window switches out and removing the screw. That will help you to lift the front upper dash cover. You may have to pull off the piller panes that go around the edge of the windows. Some one like Crewzin may have to jump in here. Sorry, brain fade.[xx(]