Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Interior Accessories Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Center console power outlet

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29 May 2007, 09:42 pm
Young Cruiser

Default Center console power outlet

My cruiser (07) doesnt have the power outlet in the center console under the armrest but it has the cap where one can be installed. Is there some place i can buy one and install it myself? it is hard to do? anyone have intructions?
Old 29 May 2007, 10:05 pm
Regular Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to infernocruisr01
Default Re: Center console power outlet

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmirehman View Post
My cruiser (07) doesnt have the power outlet in the center console under the armrest but it has the cap where one can be installed. Is there some place i can buy one and install it myself? it is hard to do? anyone have intructions?
you can try any local auto parts stores. they should have it or maybe the dealer
Old 30 May 2007, 07:51 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Check first to be sure you have the wiring harness there.

2008 Silver Steel Metallic, Touring, NA, Sirius; Chromed door handles; lower grille; fog light surrounds; chrome front & rear bumpers strips; Airaid air filter; Bassani duals; Modesty Cover; Autolite AP5263 Platinum Plugs (.040); Crane Plug Wires; NAPA Ceramic pads; Blane hood struts; PTeazer Gas, Brake & Foot Rest Pedals, '05 Rear Step Pad, Stainless Door Sills, Llumar tint, "A" Piller chrome; APC Strut Bar
Old 01 Jun 2007, 02:35 pm
Young Cruiser

where would the harness be? behind the cap?
Old 01 Jun 2007, 03:30 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmirehman View Post
where would the harness be? behind the cap?
You may find it in there, I just wanted you to be sure it was there B4 you dug everything out.

You must have a base model as my Limited was wired.

2008 Silver Steel Metallic, Touring, NA, Sirius; Chromed door handles; lower grille; fog light surrounds; chrome front & rear bumpers strips; Airaid air filter; Bassani duals; Modesty Cover; Autolite AP5263 Platinum Plugs (.040); Crane Plug Wires; NAPA Ceramic pads; Blane hood struts; PTeazer Gas, Brake & Foot Rest Pedals, '05 Rear Step Pad, Stainless Door Sills, Llumar tint, "A" Piller chrome; APC Strut Bar
Old 02 Jun 2007, 08:47 am
Obsessed Cruiser

like hooligan said make sure the wire is there before you take it apart good luck !! let us know how it goes
Old 02 Jun 2007, 11:17 pm
Fresh Cruiser

You don't have to remove the entire console to get at the wire for the power outlet (if it is there)
The rear-seat power window control and cupholders just pull off on my 2006, and you can see if the wire is inside there.

Here is a photo of the back of the center console power outlet.
USB in the console on Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Old 03 Jun 2007, 09:39 pm
Young Cruiser

thanx for those pics... they are quite helpful... a few questions, it doesnt appear as if your power outlet is connected to anything is that the case? Also where does that USB cable run to? Is it there as a power source only?
Old 04 Jun 2007, 11:14 am
Fresh Cruiser

That photo is my installing the USB connector, it runs to my Mac Mini. (See the other photos in that set)

The power cord for the outlet was disconnected and wasn't in the photo.
Old 24 Jun 2007, 02:41 pm
Young Cruiser

Ok so i installed a power outlet (after accidently shorting a fuse). But being dumb, i didnt read the manual first.. it turns out the power outlet in the center console drains from the battery at all times! Which is totally not what i wanted... i was hoping for it to only provide power when the unit is on! I think it is dumb to be like this since the center console has cable cutouts for you to charge a phone or something but why have the cutouts if you have to unplug the charger when you turn off the car to preserve the battery! I read that the right rear power outlet can be alternated to run only when the car is running by adjusting the mini-fuse... does anyone know how to do the same for the center console? i just spent a good part of the day installing this thing (my first time) and now i find it completely useless unles i want a dead battery... you guys have been so helpful so far and have given me the courage to even attempt this, PLEASE HELP ME