Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Interior Accessories Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
New Rearview mirror

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11 Jul 2007, 04:43 pm
Young Cruiser

Default New Rearview mirror

I bought this mirror and it doesnt fit in the stock mirror slot on the windsheild.. it only came with silicon glue and nothing else... do i just glue the mount to the existing mount thats on the windsheild!?!? Does glue really hold up properly? I am really bummed i thought this would just slide over the stock mirror slot. I have a 2007 PT Cruiser (same as2006) can someone help me please please please ASAP

Is there an adapter i can buy from pep boys? or an autoparts store cause will ASAP i just want it up.
Old 11 Jul 2007, 06:10 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: New Rearview mirror

If what you received was as pictured, they have sent you a new base also OR you haven't remove the base on the mirror. Normally there is a set screw on the front of the base, loosen it and it will come off. IF you have removed the base and it still won't fit you will have to glue the new base on the windshield. Pep Boys etc, will have the correct glue needed. Hope this helps.

2008 Silver Steel Metallic, Touring, NA, Sirius; Chromed door handles; lower grille; fog light surrounds; chrome front & rear bumpers strips; Airaid air filter; Bassani duals; Modesty Cover; Autolite AP5263 Platinum Plugs (.040); Crane Plug Wires; NAPA Ceramic pads; Blane hood struts; PTeazer Gas, Brake & Foot Rest Pedals, '05 Rear Step Pad, Stainless Door Sills, Llumar tint, "A" Piller chrome; APC Strut Bar
Old 11 Jul 2007, 06:16 pm
Young Cruiser

Do i glue the new base on top of the old base? or do i have to glue it below the existing base and if so, how do i remove the old base?
Old 11 Jul 2007, 06:22 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

The old base must be removed, not sure how, they are cemented quite sturdy. Prying may help, but be careful that you don't scratch or break the windshield. Sorry!!

2008 Silver Steel Metallic, Touring, NA, Sirius; Chromed door handles; lower grille; fog light surrounds; chrome front & rear bumpers strips; Airaid air filter; Bassani duals; Modesty Cover; Autolite AP5263 Platinum Plugs (.040); Crane Plug Wires; NAPA Ceramic pads; Blane hood struts; PTeazer Gas, Brake & Foot Rest Pedals, '05 Rear Step Pad, Stainless Door Sills, Llumar tint, "A" Piller chrome; APC Strut Bar
Old 12 Jul 2007, 02:30 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

old one has to come off
Old 13 Jul 2007, 04:56 pm
Regular Cruiser

Go to a windshield replacement business. They take rear view mirrors off and put them on all of the time, they'll probably do it for free or a very small charge.
Old 13 Jul 2007, 10:44 pm
Young Cruiser

I simply used Rearview glue from pepboys and glue the new adapter to the old mount and it works great, only had to set for 20 minutes and now its good to go! Thanks for all your help guys...
Old 14 Jul 2007, 09:45 am
Obsessed Cruiser

congrats !!
Old 16 Jul 2007, 05:27 pm
Young Cruiser

well the rear view glue didnt hold! thats sucks,
So i went to lowe's and bought some epoxy that holds metal to metal up to 2500 lbs. Its on now, lets see if this works. Kinda put a damper on my excitment to buy little add-ons for my new PT
I would think there would be an adapter that you could slide between the original mount and the after market ones.
Old 16 Jul 2007, 08:07 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

The glue you bought will only hold metal to glass, not metal to metal. The epoxy may do the job for you. If you read the answers to your post you will see the suggestions to remove the original mount.

People on this forum are glad to answer your questions, but if you don't follow them, that is your problem. Sorry!!!