Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Interior Accessories Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
RB1 - Navigational CD radio

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30 Aug 2007, 02:01 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default RB1 - Navigational CD radio

has anyone swapped out their factory CD stereo for a RB1 (DC Navigational CD stereo)? If so, did you have any issues? Thanks.
Old 31 Aug 2007, 03:02 am
Cool Cruiser

Default Re: RB1 - Navigational CD radio

No issues at all, I assume you mean in a Pre-2006 PT, because the new dash doesn't accept the old shape radio.

You do have to install the nav antenna, which is not hard at all. You have to take the top cover off the dashboard.

srg
Old 31 Aug 2007, 07:42 am
Regular Cruiser

Default Re: RB1 - Navigational CD radio

I have one in my '05. Before I took delivery of the car, I had the dealer do the install. Since installation, I haven't had any problems up to now. I'm a salesman and I've probably used it thousands of times and get the new DVD update each September. I'm starting to have a problem with the GPS not being accurate, but just some of the time. Contact the dealer and ask to talk to his tech that does the installation of these navi's. Ask him questions, if you can't get him then all it cost you was a little time.

2001 Corvette Convertable, Navy Blue Metalic, Z51, 3:15 with 4" inch quad Borla Stinger Exhausts X Pipe and K&N Filter.