Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Interior Accessories Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
PT in-car power and rca/vga

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27 Sep 2007, 04:02 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Lightbulb PT in-car power and rca/vga

Ive been interested in headrest monitors for some time now and until recently, I was satisfied with having just that. BUT, my brain has taken me elsewhere (as usual) and I want to be FANCY. SO, I came up with a plan! in the rear of the center console (on each side) I plan on futting a power plug, RCA plugs and a vga plug (as most lcd monitors have those two inputs as options anyway...) The power would come from a hardwired power inverter hooked to an on off switch in the back so as not to drain the battery. all of these would be installed in a factory looking manor, as in, set into the plastic. Thoughts, suggestions, etc?
Old 02 Oct 2007, 07:01 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: PT in-car power and rca/vga

So, the console will have all the plugs you need but where will the monitors go, or will the monitors still be in the rear of the headrests and you'll have all the plugs in the console also? I'm not seeing where this is "fancy". If the monitors won't be in the back of the front seat headrests, will the back seat passengers just hold the monitors in their lap?
Old 02 Oct 2007, 11:13 am
Fanatic Cruiser

They are headrest monitors (see first post) but its more the fact that it will be some weird wiring, hiding of equipment and eventually a completely stock look that makes it a fancy job. the plugs will be by the rear window swichtes on the sides of that center tunnel thingy...
Old 02 Oct 2007, 11:25 am
Obsessed Cruiser

There's no pictures, so I can't tell, but while you have the floor center console out (to do the wiring) you might want to think about painting it to match the guage and passenger air bag cover. Your is inferno red, right?

Old 03 Oct 2007, 07:15 am
Fanatic Cruiser

Yes, it is Inferno red but painting the entire center console red is a bit too much. I am buying a red dash surround and the door handle surrounds and thats about it... as for the rear window swiches, I meant the switches in the actual back of the car in the center console.