PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
need help with some "CHEAP" interior upgrades/accessories

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03 Oct 2007, 01:18 pm
Regular Cruiser

Default need help with some "CHEAP" interior upgrades/accessories

SIGNATURE SAYS it all...THANKS GUYS!

I dont mean CHEAP like tacky LOL I mean INEXPENSIVE lol I want to "sport up" the car I DO NOT WANT IT TO LOOK GIRLY LOL! THANKS!

the ONLY "upgrades" I have in the works are vent covers that will match my interior/exterior...sort of like these...

eBay Motors: 2006 2007 PT Cruiser Dash Air Vent cover kit MRK (item 130157248428 end time Oct-05-07 14:31:49 PDT)

was thinking about these...but NOT at that price...

eBay Motors: 2006 2007 PT Cruiser Front & Rear Speaker Cover Kit (item 130157249461 end time Oct-05-07 14:35:26 PDT)

anything else guys? THANKS in advance

OH and I am more partial to the MARINE BLUE than CHROME....BUT maybe a combination of both would not be bad either...
Old 03 Oct 2007, 02:29 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: need help with some "CHEAP" interior upgrades/accessories

I hope you realize that these covers etc you are looking at are molded "plastic". The offerings you see on e bay are made by the MRK company and sold by them. I purchased the vent covers in silver for my 2006 and the price there is about the best you can get. The set contains a number of pieces for the dash.

pt boutique home page is the only stateside distributor that I know of. They have them listed on pg 1 of the 2006 - 2007 listing. With shipping they will probably will cost the same.

2008 Silver Steel Metallic, Touring, NA, Sirius; Chromed door handles; lower grille; fog light surrounds; chrome front & rear bumpers strips; Airaid air filter; Bassani duals; Modesty Cover; Autolite AP5263 Platinum Plugs (.040); Crane Plug Wires; NAPA Ceramic pads; Blane hood struts; PTeazer Gas, Brake & Foot Rest Pedals, '05 Rear Step Pad, Stainless Door Sills, Llumar tint, "A" Piller chrome; APC Strut Bar
Old 04 Oct 2007, 07:43 am
Regular Cruiser

yea I understand...thanks though I appreciate you looking out for me

so are you saying that MRK is GOOD? that is who i got some of my stuff from

THANKS again.....I will update with pics etc when things start to arrive
Old 04 Oct 2007, 08:14 am
Obsessed Cruiser

MRK is good!!! If PT Boutique comes to any car shows near you, you can save postage and see just what you are getting for your money. I guess that was my point.

2008 Silver Steel Metallic, Touring, NA, Sirius; Chromed door handles; lower grille; fog light surrounds; chrome front & rear bumpers strips; Airaid air filter; Bassani duals; Modesty Cover; Autolite AP5263 Platinum Plugs (.040); Crane Plug Wires; NAPA Ceramic pads; Blane hood struts; PTeazer Gas, Brake & Foot Rest Pedals, '05 Rear Step Pad, Stainless Door Sills, Llumar tint, "A" Piller chrome; APC Strut Bar
Old 04 Oct 2007, 04:57 pm
Regular Cruiser

very kool.....thanks again!

anyone else have any ideas? THANKS IN ADVANCE!
Old 04 Oct 2007, 10:10 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Thumbs up Re: need help with some "CHEAP" interior upgrades/accessories

MRK stuff is great. I have a Crimson (Inferno Red) and Cream exterior, with tan interior. All the red interior "pops"! See my gallery on PTCW...
http://ptcruiserworld.tenmagazines.com/ew/mygallery.asp?id=4002
Another complimentary interior mod would be MrMikes Welts. Inexpensive too!
http://www.mrmikes.com/ptwelts.htm
Old 05 Oct 2007, 05:24 am
Fresh Cruiser

Mabey some seat covers will give it a look your looking for, or perhaps a new shifter knob? Try Race and Street they have interior stuff for under $25. here's the link www.raceandstreet.com
Have fun
Old 05 Oct 2007, 08:38 am
Regular Cruiser

the shifter knob that is in my PT is stock...(silver ball) I was thinking something different...BUT it is an AUTOMATIC lol so it would just be for decoration LOL I'm a dork and cant drive a standard LOL
Old 11 Oct 2007, 09:00 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Baby Blue:

Race and Street always gets my vote. I have been buying from them for over five years.

You might even consider calling Maggie Anderson, the owner, for some ideas, because she always has something special to offer. She's at 888-826-1394; tell her Fred from Dublin, Ohio sent you!

I just purchased some items for my '05 GT Ragtop from her (in person!) at our annual PT Cruise-In here just last weekend. She stands behind everything she sells and won't steer you wrong.

Have Fun!

P.S. The GT pictured below is my wife's daily driver and she just can't get enough chrome stuff, inside or out!!! Ditto for her previous PT, which was a white '03 GT HO Turbo AutoStick (she can't drive a manual shift either, LOL!). My wife would say that you should "spend some $$$ and get nicer looking wheels!".

2005 PT GT Turbo HO Autostick Convert. --- Bauhaus Progressive Rate Lowering Springs 2.0" frt/1.75" rear, Tokico HP Blue Struts/Shocks, Freedom Front Strut Brace, K&N Filter, Crane FireWires, MOPAR Turbo BOV, TOYO PROXES TPT 215/50/17 HP Skins, Sylvania Silverstar Headlamps, IPCW Clear LED Taillights, TYC Back-up Lights, 115db Airhorn, 13" Billet Radio Antenna w/ chrome bezel, Chrome: Fuel Door Cover, Trunk Lid Struts, Door Handle Cups, Door Spears, Hood Portholes, Washer Nozzles, GT logo valve stem caps, Steering Wheel Spoke Trim, NEW! Chrome Upper body trim, 30% window tint side and rear, Sirius One Radio, factory GPS.

Other MOPAR in our family: 2005 Pacifica Limited AWD
Past Mopars:
2003 Cruiser PT GT Turbo 4dr and fifteen others back to (my first and favorite) 1965 Plymouth Satellite 426 Hemi Conv't.
Old 12 Oct 2007, 01:16 pm
Regular Cruiser

WOW that was A GREAT IDEA! Not that RAS doesnt ALREADY have great prices, but I got on ebay and looked at their items and went ACCESSORIES crazy LOL

my car is gonna be ALL chome outside and then the MARINE BLUE/CHOMRE inside

THANKS AGAIN! MAGGIE ROCKS!