Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Interior Accessories Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Best source 12V constant power

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21 Dec 2007, 01:08 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Best source 12V constant power

I'm just finishing added power locks to my 2005 base PT and I'm really wanting the installation to look first class. I want to know the right place to tap into constant 12V power. I found the main fuse block under the hood but I'm concerned about getting through the firewall. Plus I wasn't sure this is the right place. I've searched the forum and found some close stuff but it is just not getting me there.

Thanks,
Dan
Old 21 Dec 2007, 02:01 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Best source 12V constant power

Power Outlet in dash (cigarette lighter) or Power Outlet in right rear panel. If you trace those wires, you should be able to tap in.

BTW: Welcome to the Forum!!

2008 Silver Steel Metallic, Touring, NA, Sirius; Chromed door handles; lower grille; fog light surrounds; chrome front & rear bumpers strips; Airaid air filter; Bassani duals; Modesty Cover; Autolite AP5263 Platinum Plugs (.040); Crane Plug Wires; NAPA Ceramic pads; Blane hood struts; PTeazer Gas, Brake & Foot Rest Pedals, '05 Rear Step Pad, Stainless Door Sills, Llumar tint, "A" Piller chrome; APC Strut Bar
Old 21 Dec 2007, 02:45 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Dan,

Welcome to the forum. The main fuse block in the engine compartment IS a good sourse for extra power with fuses. The diagram I'll attach to this reply is the fuse block with the spare fuses colored in pink. Not sure exactly which ones have power "all the time" but that's easy enough to find.

As far as going thru the firewall, just under the left side as your sitting in the drivers seat is a large groumet that has a couple of wires going thru it including the hatch release cable. That groument has enough space arouond it for several more wires. I used it for my Amp, undercar LED lights and my Ahooga Horn wires.

Old 21 Dec 2007, 07:13 pm
Fresh Cruiser

crewzin - Thank you, thank you, thank you....

I just went out and took a look and that is exactly what I'm going to do.

Dan