Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Interior Accessories Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Stereo opinions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25 Dec 2007, 08:49 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Stereo opinions

I just bought a base '05 vert. It came with the stock AM/FM Cassette. I would like to upgrade it to a AM/FM single CD. I live in a fringe radio market so faint signal reception is very important. Clarity is far more important than big thumping power. Things like HD radio, Bluetooth, I-pod control are nice but not a big factor. I would like to keep the head unit to $200 or so and would like to use the stock speakers unless there is a huge difference to be gained over OEM. Any sugestions?
Old 27 Dec 2007, 12:41 am
Cool Cruiser

Default Re: Stereo opinions

Kenwood Excelon is a great head unit. cost is resonable and the sound is great. as for your stock speakers, unless you have and upgraded factory system (JBL or INfinity) all your speakers are one way pieces of junk. upgrading just to two way speakers will make a HUGE diference in your sound quality and you wont go back. three way and four way are even better, it only gets clearer and deeper.
Old 30 Dec 2007, 02:44 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Re: Stereo opinions

On e-bay you can often find the factory unit that has Cd and cassette for $100. I bought one for my Sebring so that I could use the cassette adapter for an I-pod.

I have the single CD unit that I pulled from my Sebring that is a direct factory fit and will plug right into your wiring harness. I'll sell that to you for $60 and that includes shipping if you live in the lower 48 states.