Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Interior Accessories Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Sun Visor Buttons on '05 Dream Cruiser

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03 Mar 2008, 07:40 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Sun Visor Buttons on '05 Dream Cruiser

The driver's side sun visor has 3 buttons on it. What are they for? (Didn't get a manual with the used Cruiser).

Thanks,

HLeyes
Old 03 Mar 2008, 08:46 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Sun Visor Buttons on '05 Dream Cruiser

They can be set to open garage doors, etc. To do that you need to have a door opener that is set to the correct frequency. Hold the transmitter button and the button on the sun visor. The sun visor (SV) button will blink and then go steady, the SV button should be set.

2008 Silver Steel Metallic, Touring, NA, Sirius; Chromed door handles; lower grille; fog light surrounds; chrome front & rear bumpers strips; Airaid air filter; Bassani duals; Modesty Cover; Autolite AP5263 Platinum Plugs (.040); Crane Plug Wires; NAPA Ceramic pads; Blane hood struts; PTeazer Gas, Brake & Foot Rest Pedals, '05 Rear Step Pad, Stainless Door Sills, Llumar tint, "A" Piller chrome; APC Strut Bar
Old 03 Mar 2008, 11:01 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Thumbs up Re: Sun Visor Buttons on '05 Dream Cruiser

It's called "Home Link".
If you can't find a manual with a good description, let me know.
I could photo, and send you jpeg images of the pages. Sometimes the "roaming signal" garage door openers can be stubborn, and require a couple of trys at programming the buttons.
Old 06 Mar 2008, 03:55 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Re: Sun Visor Buttons on '05 Dream Cruiser

SoonerCruiser: that would be great to have .jpg's of the manual. For some reason, one didn't come with mine.....probably lost by the previous owner.

Tell me this about starting the Cruiser:

Is there some sequence of events that must occur (seat belt on, clutch in, etc.) for the car to start? Seems like when I first get into the car and start it up, I get full dashboard lights, but no cranking or ignition. The Chrysler dealer told me there was some kind of security in the ignition, but I haven't figured it out what it is yet.

Thanks to all for your help,

HLeyes
2005 Dream Cruiser 5-Speed
Old 06 Mar 2008, 05:16 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Cool Re: Sun Visor Buttons on '05 Dream Cruiser

1. Send me an e-mail, and I will send you the "Homelink" pages copied to jpeg images..... Or, PDF files, at your option.
2. Not sure what you are saying about starting? Yes, you likely have a digital security code in most model's keyfobs. But, as long as the key is in the ignition, you should be good to go. Yes, if it's a standard tranny like my soonercruiser, you must have the clutch pushed in all the way before turning the key will engage the starter.
**But, most importantly I have discovered on these forums - the fuel pump is in the bottom of the tank. You should turn the key part way over, and listen for the whirring sound of the pump priming, before turning the key all the way over to start. And ,the fuel sensor and pump are a PITA to get to and fix. The pump is actually cooled by the fuel, and will live longer if you don't let your tank get below 1/4.
Also, try new batteries in your keyfob. And, even disconnect your negative battery cable, wait a few minutes and see if that helps. (resets the computer, and seem to fix a multitute of small problems)

Last edited by soonercruiser; 06 Mar 2008 at 05:20 pm.