Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Interior Accessories Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
DOOR PANELS

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07 Mar 2008, 11:43 am
Fresh Cruiser

Default DOOR PANELS

Hi all, I am a new pt'er. 2005 blurple pt. My question is, are there any tricks to getting the door panels off? I have experience working on cars, just thought I would ask to find out what the hidden little tricks are as every car has different ones. Also, what size are the front speakers, I have a pair of 6.5's that I want to put in. Thanks for any info.
Old 07 Mar 2008, 05:34 pm
Cool Cruiser

Default Re: DOOR PANELS

Here's a good tech page on most things interior, number 7 is the door panels. MrMikes Common PT Questions

The front speakers are 6.5". The rears are an oddball 6x8. Don't let the salesman talk you into 6x9's for the rear, they won't fit, no matter how convincing he is about the adapter! Been there done that! I have 5x7's in the back.

I know this thread isn't about a custom sound system, but if you want a sweet sub for your car that doesn't take up much room, check out an Alpine PLT-5. They use 6 5" speakers all arranged in a linear fashion. I think it's about on par with a 10" sub. It's about the size of a small suitcase and it sounds good in the PT. For some reason Alpine has discontinued these guys I've seen them online for under $300! I paid $700 for mine! They're self powered, 250W amp inside, so all you need is outputs from a deck and an amp install kit. The bass isn't overpowering, just sounds like how it was when recorded. Great for pretty much every music except rap. Just thot I'd throw that in, I'm very happy with mine, and now it's inexpensive.

Ben
2001 Red PT Cruiser Limited, 16" OEM alloys, Airaid CAI, Screamin' Demon coil and Livewires, some shiny stuff inside, Alpine deck, Alpine four channel amp, Alpine PLT5 sub, Hertz speakers in 4 corners, Keystone ram air hood, 6000k 55w HID high beams, 6000k 35w HID fog lights, new stone chips every day to add character.

2007 Suzuki King Quad 700 4x4 for when the road gets bumpy.

Old 07 Mar 2008, 07:14 pm
Cool Cruiser

The doors on my 2007 were the easiest doors I've ever taken off. Just one Phillips screw and two Torx screws. Then, I used a flat prybar (with a rag wrapped around it to avoid scatching the paint or panels) to pop off the panel all along the edges. I've taken off myriads of door panels in my day, and it was easy-Fabreezy.
Old 07 Mar 2008, 08:26 pm
Cool Cruiser

all PT door panels are easy, in 06 they elimininated the lower screws making 06+ easier (and less prone to breakage at the lower screw holes like most of the ones ive seen)
Old 07 Mar 2008, 09:54 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Go to AutoZone and get a door panel tool. Makes life so much easier. If 05's are like 02's, there is one screw behind the door handle, 2 under the arm rest and 3 or 4 around the edge of the panel. Remove them all and pry off the panel. You will have to disconnect the door handle from the panel too; chrome rod fits into the back of the panel. Oh yeah, be sure to roll the window all the way down too.