Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Interior Accessories Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Cracked PT Cruiser Dash Cover

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27 Mar 2008, 10:25 am
Fresh Cruiser

Default Cracked PT Cruiser Dash Cover

Hello all, My name is Chris and I work for Coverlay Mfg and we just finished manufacturing a dash cover for the 01-05 PT Cruiser. It is made out of a high heat resistent ABS plastic and is an exact replica of the original dash. It will fit over the original dash and will not require any special tools or removal of the original dash. If anyone is interested please let me know. I will post pics of the cover soon. Thank you in advance for all your help. Here is a link to our website so that you can see all of our products.

Coverlay Manufacturing - Replacement Door Panels and Dash Covers
Old 03 Apr 2008, 09:19 am
Fresh Cruiser

Default Re: Cracked PT Cruiser Dash Cover

Here is a link to the dash cover for the PT Cruiser. Let me know what everyone thinks about the cover.

01-05 Chrysler PT Cruiser Dash Cover 22-480
Old 03 Apr 2008, 11:15 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Thumbs up Re: Cracked PT Cruiser Dash Cover

Nice link!
I'm gonna archive that ...just in case. I personally wouldn't like to have to replace the dash myself.
Old 03 Apr 2008, 03:21 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

looks nice !!
Old 25 Aug 2010, 10:25 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Exclamation Re: Cracked PT Cruiser Dash Cover

Where are the speaker covers.If those are just holes there that product is a joke.if you own a pt and your dash is cracked it is because it is brittle,ok, Now put your finger over the speaker cover and lightly push down ,Your finger will crumble the speaker cover.If the speaker covers are molded on the dash cover you are selling I WOULD SAY YOUR PRODUCT KICKS ASS BUT if those are just holes there and you have to use your old speaker covers I WOULD SAY THIS PRODUCT IS JUNK AND ITS TIME TO MAKE A NEW MOLD!!
Old 26 Aug 2010, 01:56 am
Fanatic Cruiser

Personally , i would rather use speaker covers that can be replaced if broken, dont want to have to replace the whole dash if it breaks since it would be molded in. just my opinion
04 graphite(vroom!) N/A Limited 110,000 miles -original owner. Custom short ram intake ( CGS motor-sport pipe, specter open-end air filter, specter breathing hose),OEM spoiler, Pioneer receiver ,10" bazooka sub,Blue LED interior lighting, Bosch +4 plugs and Accel super stock 8mm universal plug wires.
Old 26 Aug 2010, 07:04 am
Obsessed Cruiser

shehates,

Your yelling (capital letters) at a vendor that posted over 2 years ago. Check the date of the posting.

Freezinghot,

The problem is that the original dash came with molded in speaker covers that you can't replace. I guess you could stick something over them to cover the broken parts.
Old 01 Sep 2010, 08:33 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to PTPatrick1985 Send a message via Yahoo to PTPatrick1985

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREWZIN View Post
shehates,

Your yelling (capital letters) at a vendor that posted over 2 years ago. Check the date of the posting.

Freezinghot,

The problem is that the original dash came with molded in speaker covers that you can't replace. I guess you could stick something over them to cover the broken parts.
LOL,

Has anyone bought one since it was posted? I wouldn't mind changing mine to Red to match my LED's
Old 15 Sep 2010, 06:06 pm
Regular Cruiser

A great product if you ask me. Fortunately the PT cover seems to be a pretty good one. The speaker thing is no problem; just lay in a little fabric or screen before installing the cover. I'd love to see one in person. I know, old post.