Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Interior Accessories Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
2008 rear shelf

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12 Apr 2008, 06:59 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default 2008 rear shelf

I just bought a 2008. I would like the rear shelf. It is $160 from dealer so I have been looking online. I did find one for $150. I did look on Ebay but most were up to a 2007. My question is, will an earlier year fit my 2008? Also, I am looking for the brown and not the grey if anyone has one.
Thanks!
Terri
Old 13 Apr 2008, 12:02 am
Senior Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to ucantcme Send a message via MSN to ucantcme Send a message via Skype™ to ucantcme
Default Re: 2008 rear shelf

I wouldn't think there would be too much of a difference (if any) from year to year. I could be wrong. Ask the seller on eBay to see if it will fit in your 08'.

Good luck and welcome!

My Baby:
01' Taupe Limited PT Cruiser w/ rear spoiler, Drop in K&N Air Filter, Limo tint all around, blue neon interior, blue LED windshield nozzles,
In-dash CD/DVD/Radio made by Jensen, Vent Visors, Chrome Antenna Bezel, Chrome Grille inserts, Dual Catback Exhaust, Scan Gauge II,
back-up camera, and a system containing 2 Lanzar 15" subwoofers and an MA Audio 1800watt amplifier.

Check me out on Car Domain!
Old 13 Apr 2008, 11:54 am
Obsessed Cruiser

They are the same.

2008 Silver Steel Metallic, Touring, NA, Sirius; Chromed door handles; lower grille; fog light surrounds; chrome front & rear bumpers strips; Airaid air filter; Bassani duals; Modesty Cover; Autolite AP5263 Platinum Plugs (.040); Crane Plug Wires; NAPA Ceramic pads; Blane hood struts; PTeazer Gas, Brake & Foot Rest Pedals, '05 Rear Step Pad, Stainless Door Sills, Llumar tint, "A" Piller chrome; APC Strut Bar
Old 13 Apr 2008, 06:17 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Red face Re: 2008 rear shelf

If you were closer to me, I'd sell you mine....still wrapped in the factory plastic!

*oops, I have the grey one*
Old 13 Apr 2008, 07:40 pm
Fresh Cruiser

It is actually the grey one that I need. The dashboard and steering wheel is tan so I was thinking the interior was tan but it is grey. Also, I will be coming up north to NY state over July 4. If you still have I would love it. I'll check back with you then.
Terri
Old 13 Apr 2008, 08:19 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

terbear, Welcome to the Forum. You didn't mention what model you have, Base, Touring, Limited or GT? Maybe the Base doesn't come with one. My limited did and also the Touring model also does. Maybe the dealer removed it? If so, they owe you one.

2008 Silver Steel Metallic, Touring, NA, Sirius; Chromed door handles; lower grille; fog light surrounds; chrome front & rear bumpers strips; Airaid air filter; Bassani duals; Modesty Cover; Autolite AP5263 Platinum Plugs (.040); Crane Plug Wires; NAPA Ceramic pads; Blane hood struts; PTeazer Gas, Brake & Foot Rest Pedals, '05 Rear Step Pad, Stainless Door Sills, Llumar tint, "A" Piller chrome; APC Strut Bar
Old 21 Apr 2008, 08:33 am
Fresh Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by terbear View Post
It is actually the grey one that I need. The dashboard and steering wheel is tan so I was thinking the interior was tan but it is grey. Also, I will be coming up north to NY state over July 4. If you still have I would love it. I'll check back with you then.
Terri
Yeah, just PM me.
Old 14 May 2008, 06:20 pm
Young Cruiser

The 2008 LX (Base) does not come with the rear shelf according to the brochure I have at home. When I bought my cruiser I asked them to give me a shelf for dealer cost, and in the end they just ended up giving it to me for free when I showed up a couple days later.

If anyone else is out there looking at a 2008, then I suggest you ask them to throw in the shelf as part of the deal. I think it only costs them $80.

Good luck!
Old 17 May 2008, 01:18 pm
Cool Cruiser

Any year shelf will FIT, but the interior color schemes changed in 2006. So make sure the color will be acceptable to you when you buy. For example, the 2000-2005 grey interior is a dark grey. The 2006+ grey interiors are a pastel light grey. The browns are different as well.

So, long story short, don't worry about the FIT, worry about the COLOR. Make sure whatever color it is will look acceptable to you when installed.