Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Interior Accessories Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Access Handle bar

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21 Jul 2003, 09:31 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Access Handle bar

I have a 2003 base model. I noticed that the touring and ltd had a handle bar above the door that you could use to lift yourself. This would be of great help to me since I am handicapped.

Does anyone know: (1) where I could buy such a handle and (2) would it be diffucult to install??

TIA for any advice.

Dundevil
Old 21 Jul 2003, 10:12 pm
Regular Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to ZZCruzr

I tried a couple of the parts sites I go to, and could not locate one with out knowing the part number. Have you tried asking the service department of the dealership where you bought your car? I can't imagine that it would be a "big ticket" item. GOOD LUCK!
Black Clearcoat 2003 Turbo GT w/gray leather interior...rear splash guards, stainless door sills, air bag decals, red painted brake calipers, BTG duals, AMX cold air intake, Blaine hood struts, ZZcruZr third brake light diffuser, AutoVation pedals, MoMo F16 Evo red gearshift.
Old 21 Jul 2003, 10:33 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Dundevil,

According to my parts catalog: There's only one number for all four (2 front, 2 rear) "HANDLE, Roof Grab". That part number is: QY62MF1AD. Now, there's two different trim codes "R7" & "GL" but I can't tell which is for the rear handles and which is for the front. There IS a difference. The rear handles have a small thick hook built into the handle for a type of coat hanger. There's only one color in all cruisers: Neutral. I cannot tell if they will fit right in a base PT or not, but I would think they would. It's just left off the car because of your trim level.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 23 Jul 2003, 06:30 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Look closely at a PT that has the bars. I wanted to do this but, if I remember correctly, the PT uses a different headliner which is recessed at the handles. So you might need a new headliner too?
GOOD LUCK!!

You might get one out of a wreck...