PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Help! Driver side seat recline 2006 PT Cruiser, Touring

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02 May 2008, 01:18 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Help! Driver side seat recline 2006 PT Cruiser, Touring

New car (to me anyway)

Does anyone know how to make the driver side seat recline or in my case return to an upright position? Is there a trick? I cannot get the driver side or the passenger side seat, for that matter, to move an inch.

The driver side has an electric position adjustment (which could put your head through the roof if you are not careful, yikes) but the levers on the side of either seat avails me nothing, what am I missing?

Appreciate any assistance available.
Old 02 May 2008, 01:35 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Help! Driver side seat recline 2006 PT Cruiser, Touring

The levers on the side do the adjustment of the seat-back. If yours doesn't, then somethings wrong, but I dought if both sides would be broke. Keep pulling up on the lever and move the upper part of the seat by hand.
Old 02 May 2008, 10:16 pm
Fresh Cruiser

I agree, it would be really bizarre if both were broken, so I keep trying (I am pretty strong) but I am really afraid I am going to crack off the plastic lever. I pulled while standing outside of car and sitting inside (no pressure on seat) nothing...I am at a loss.

I feel like an idiot crawling around this car looking for a secret button (it is like looking for your keys in the fridge...desperate).

I appreciate your responding very much - thanks, I will stop looking for a secret lever!
Old 03 May 2008, 08:55 am
Obsessed Cruiser

welcome to the board and like crewzin said i doubt both are broken just sit in the seat lift the lever and they should go backwards let us know how you make out
Old 03 May 2008, 09:56 am
Fresh Cruiser

Seats wont budge...not one millimeter - my back is killing me! (but I do love the car)
Old 03 May 2008, 11:13 am
Obsessed Cruiser

See if you can stop someone with a PT or go to a dealer and try their seat releases to see how exactly they should work so you can compare with what is happening to yours.
Old 03 May 2008, 11:52 am
Obsessed Cruiser

wow !! both seats at once thats the first time i have heard that, i would go to a chrysler dealership and just ask them, act like you dont know how to do it, so they look at it, dont say its broken they will probably tell you to make an appointment
Old 03 May 2008, 07:17 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Thanks Guys,

I believe I will have to make my way to the dealership (I have already tried stalking other PT Cruizers but decided if I was afraid to pull that lever any harder they would be too).

Off to dealership...

Thanks for all the replies, really appreciate your taking the time
Old 03 May 2008, 08:23 pm
Senior Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to ucantcme Send a message via MSN to ucantcme Send a message via Skype™ to ucantcme

I will admit, my driver seat is very hard to move back and forth...but not from reclined to straight back up.

Let us know what they found so if anyone else has the same issue they, we, can forward them to this thread!

My Baby:
01' Taupe Limited PT Cruiser w/ rear spoiler, Drop in K&N Air Filter, Limo tint all around, blue neon interior, blue LED windshield nozzles,
In-dash CD/DVD/Radio made by Jensen, Vent Visors, Chrome Antenna Bezel, Chrome Grille inserts, Dual Catback Exhaust, Scan Gauge II,
back-up camera, and a system containing 2 Lanzar 15" subwoofers and an MA Audio 1800watt amplifier.

Check me out on Car Domain!