PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Welts Pix!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01 Jun 2008, 02:22 pm
Regular Cruiser

Default Welts Pix!

Hope you enjoy!

I love it!!! It's so inexpensive and I think can really add a nice custom look. It's really great for beginners as well as people who have been modifying cars for a while. We will def order more!

Jeremy & Echo - owners of Bessy - steel blue '02 limited PT - Airaid intake - billet grille - Mr. Mike's welts - Streamline Designs Custom Edition - Streamline Design Vinyl Visor cover
parents of Riley & Harrison and a crazy boxer named Minnie

Last edited by morrises; 01 Jun 2008 at 02:31 pm.
Old 01 Jun 2008, 02:23 pm
Regular Cruiser

Default Re: Welts Pix!

UGH!
Sorry they are all so big. I will resize!

Jeremy & Echo - owners of Bessy - steel blue '02 limited PT - Airaid intake - billet grille - Mr. Mike's welts - Streamline Designs Custom Edition - Streamline Design Vinyl Visor cover
Old 01 Jun 2008, 03:14 pm
Regular Cruiser

Looks good!! That's the one mod I've been set on since the day I got the PT. Were they pretty easy to install?

'03 Pt, headrest monitors, dvd, painted interior (kind of), modified air box, K&N drop in filter
Old 01 Jun 2008, 03:43 pm
Regular Cruiser

There were some parts that were a little harder than others but for the most part pretty easy! I have no experience in this sort of stuff and I was able to do some of it
Hubby did most though..

it's VERY addictive though! ahhahaha
mainly it's just pushing it in where you want it. The only place we couldn't get it and we wanted it was the handle to the sunroof.. that was rough for some reason! lol

Old 01 Jun 2008, 03:56 pm
Regular Cruiser

Aren't all mods addictive lol. I had no intention of modding my pt. I got it for the wife. Now I dont want her to drive it lol. How many feet of the welts did you get?

'03 Pt, headrest monitors, dvd, painted interior (kind of), modified air box, K&N drop in filter
Old 01 Jun 2008, 04:08 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

You can put the blue welts on the visors and overhead center compass thingy too.

I thought you said in the other post that your stickers weren't sticking on the outside of the vinyl air-bag stickers on the visors? It looks good on the picture in this thread.

Last edited by CREWZIN; 01 Jun 2008 at 04:12 pm.
Old 01 Jun 2008, 05:02 pm
Regular Cruiser

Well it sticks for a while, then starts peeling on the edges it hasn't like fallen off, but it starts peeling... after we came out of church today about a half an inch was hanging down..

Did you have to do anything special to do your visors? It wasn't wanting to go in them?

We got 30 inches (15 tinsel and 15 patriotic blue) to start out. I would say 40 would have been good..

Old 01 Jun 2008, 05:36 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

No, the welts just stick right into the edge of the visor. You might want to put just a little dab of glue to hold the ends in but it's not necessary. The same for the overhead console and center light dome, just push the welt into the recess around the edge like you did with the moonroof.

On the visor stickers, see if you can just trim a little off the edge that coming off so it just covers the underlying air-bag sticker.
Old 01 Jun 2008, 05:45 pm
Regular Cruiser

Will try that the next time it falls down

and will add more welts once we order more

Old 01 Jun 2008, 10:22 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Cool Re: Welts Pix!

In the areas that aren't very tight, and the welting falls out, I have used several techniques. If it's a mild problem, I have used ordinary double-back scotch tape, cut into thin strips. In some of the other very loose areas I have used duct tape cut into a thin line and rolled into a cigarette. Or, even epoxy glue in a few areas like curves at the end of the piece's run. When the PTCW site is back up check my gallery for how I even fused all the joints with epoxy and painted to match.
Image of Connecting Mr.Mike's Welts - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

2011 GWE Dodge Challenger SRT8 as Show Car
2003 PT Cruiser GT Panel Van Conversion as new day driver.

Have now owned 6 PT Cruisers = Me PT Crazy!

Last edited by soonercruiser; 01 Jun 2008 at 10:30 pm.