Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Interior Accessories Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
07 Seat track/Frames vs 05 seat track/frames-same width

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10 Jun 2008, 06:41 pm
Young Cruiser

Default 07 Seat track/Frames vs 05 seat track/frames-same width

I wanted to know if the width/height of the 07 seat frames is the same as the 04/05 seat frame?

I wanted to have a Steel stash box made up by a local tin knocker and wanted to use the std passenger under seat stash box as a guide for him to work from. Since the last year they actually have it listed as a part was 05 convertibles, I wanted to find out iof the seat frame width/height is the same.

I would use the front cover and drill it for a lock and paint to match the 07 light silver grey interior.

Since there is NO secure area in my 07 (no lockimng glovebox or rear storage compartment) this is my only option.

If it works out maybe I can get the guy to do a run of them if anyone is intererested.
Old 17 Jun 2008, 08:15 pm
Regular Cruiser

Cool Re: 07 Seat track/Frames vs 05 seat track/frames-same width

Sounds good to me! I have and o7 too and need a secure place in my car. As for the o5 ans 07 being the same, I couldn't tell you. I found on the web a site selling the under passenger storage box but didn't see if it fit all of them or not.

It's not just a matter of MPG... it's the ride! Still wish it was better!
Old 17 Jun 2008, 09:07 pm
Young Cruiser

Default Re: 07 Seat track/Frames vs 05 seat track/frames-same width

I'm waiting for the drawer to arrive and then I'll see if it fits and if that works then its off to the tin knocker and see what he can come up with.

I figure to have an exterior 4 sided box (2 sides, top and back end) with partial bottom with holes so you can attach it to the floor and the drawer will ride on angles just slightly above the floor. With a single lock and made of 10 ga stainless and with the original drawer face attached it shoukd be invisible and pretty tough to break into (unless the guy wants to drill out the lock-10 ga stainless is tough to get a drill bit to bit into since it's so slick). If it works I;ll have another made for the drivers side.

I do not know what the cost will be but I will post what it costs me and if anyone wants one I have the guy build them and pass them along at cost plus shipping.
Old 17 Jun 2008, 10:15 pm
Regular Cruiser

Cool Re: 07 Seat track/Frames vs 05 seat track/frames-same width

Sounds like a winner to me. Hope it fits for you. I'm very interested in getting one or two.

It's not just a matter of MPG... it's the ride! Still wish it was better!