PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Beige interior paint

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17 Jul 2008, 03:50 pm
Cool Cruiser

Default Beige interior paint

Hi,

I'm wondering if anyone knows a paint that is identical in color to the beige coloring on the early PT's? I'm wanting to detail a bunch of my interior. I don't mind the dark slate, but I think I can make it look WAY better with beige accents. I saw this car has painted parts of his interior beige. Any idea if he's using SEM or a custom mixed paint? If I could by a rattlecan of SEM that is identical to the OEM color that would be ideal.

Thanks,
Ben
2001 Red PT Cruiser Limited, 16" OEM alloys, Airaid CAI, Screamin' Demon coil and Livewires, some shiny stuff inside, Alpine deck, Alpine four channel amp, Alpine PLT5 sub, Hertz speakers in 4 corners, Keystone ram air hood, 6000k 55w HID high beams, 6000k 35w HID fog lights, new stone chips every day to add character.

2007 Suzuki King Quad 700 4x4 for when the road gets bumpy.

Old 17 Jul 2008, 08:09 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Default Re: Beige interior paint

Hey, you found my car!!!! Thats so cool. I got the paint from Maggie at Race and Street. Don't remember the exact name but she can get it for you. Its not an exact match but its really darn close.
Old 18 Jul 2008, 11:55 am
Cool Cruiser

That's awesome! I never knew your interior looked like that! I had seen it about a year ago and saved pics incase I couldn't find it again!

I'm wanting to detail my dash with the beige paint, the tweeter holes, the defrost holes, steering wheel spokes, a/c vents, etc.

Do you remember if the paint is in a rattlecan or do you have to spray it? Any prep needed other than a light sand? I'd love it if I could just give it a bit of light sanding, then spray a few coats and done. Is the finish matte? (None glossy)

Thanks,
Ben
2001 Red PT Cruiser Limited, 16" OEM alloys, Airaid CAI, Screamin' Demon coil and Livewires, some shiny stuff inside, Alpine deck, Alpine four channel amp, Alpine PLT5 sub, Hertz speakers in 4 corners, Keystone ram air hood, 6000k 55w HID high beams, 6000k 35w HID fog lights, new stone chips every day to add character.

Old 18 Jul 2008, 03:39 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Thanks for the compliment. I think I only used an adhesive promoter, primer and paint. I HATE SANDING!!! Just mask off what you don't want painted and have fun. In fact, I've got some paint left over you can have if you'll pay for the shipping. Let me look this weekend and see how much I got and I'll let you know.
Old 18 Jul 2008, 10:43 pm
Cool Cruiser

SEM makes Chrylser OEM colors, but only in SureCoat, which doesn't come in a rattle can. You need to use a cheapo Preval spray gun or a spray rig to spray it on. If you're not color matching, I don't see the point in using the EXACT Chrysler color in the first place though.
Old 18 Jul 2008, 11:07 pm
Cool Cruiser

I was wanting as close to exact as possible because I may have OEM beige and paint in close proximity. I want the finished product of my interior to look like it was made that way. I was leaning towards SEM because I've heard it's durable and holds up on plastics, also my local autobody supply shop can get it. If it needs a sprayer I just have to get my brother to do it. Rattlecan means I don't have to pay anyone. Initally at least, normally somebody fixes something after I've touched it...

I'll check into the SureCoat. Is it sprayable with a high pressure gun? I'm largely ignorant on painting but I think some LPHV paints don't work in older high pressure guns right?

Thanks,
Ben

Edit: 1wedwudy, I'd be interested in that paint if you have leftover.

Old 19 Jul 2008, 10:06 am
Cool Cruiser

Accoro SEM, you can use a foam brush to apply it, but I've always had crappy results. To spray it, you need to get a thinner solution to mix in. The Preval gun I was talking about is just like an aerosol can except only the top is pressurized, and the bottom is a jar you pour the solution into. They're only like $5 each. If you want to use the HP gun, you can do that to .... you just adjust the amount of thinner you add to it until you get desired results.
Old 20 Jul 2008, 07:42 am
Fanatic Cruiser

I found the paint. Got one can I've never used and another can thats maybe 1/2 full. PM me your address and I'll send it out to you. You can just pay me for the shipping. Frank