Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Interior Accessories Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Navigation on dashboard 2004

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08 Aug 2003, 04:01 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Navigation on dashboard 2004

Hi I am new and would like to know if the PT Cruiser 2004 will have a navigation system on the dashboard.
Thanks
Dinarose
Old 08 Aug 2003, 04:14 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

I don't believe so, however, a "navigation radio" ($1200 MSRP???) may be available through MOPAR--check with your dealer. Welcome to the forum--great people and lots of good information about PT Cruisers. [8D]
Old 08 Aug 2003, 04:20 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Thanks Gary, I will check it out.
Old 11 Aug 2003, 05:41 pm
Cool Cruiser

Welcome dinarose,

I didn't see an option for the navigation system on the '04's, but like Gary said they are available as an aftermarket.

BTW - which model of '04 are you looking at?

Old 16 Aug 2003, 12:50 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by PianT

Welcome dinarose,

I didn't see an option for the navigation system on the '04's, but like Gary said they are available as an aftermarket.

BTW - which model of '04 are you looking at?
Not sure yet Pian trying to find a good dealer in the Sacramento area.
Old 17 Aug 2003, 03:00 am
Fanatic Cruiser

For an aftermarket one, check out www.startech.de. They have a very clean center pod mount for VDO Dayton navigation systems.
Old 18 Aug 2003, 04:50 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Garmin StreetPilot III GPS

Color screen with voice prompting.

This pic shows the unit mounted in the included base mount using self-adhesive (sticky tape). They also offer a "bean bag" mount to allow use in another vehicle. The bean bag is very stable.

I think both Wal Mart and Circuit City carry this model. It retails around the $1K mark, but I have seen them discounted as low as $750.00.

If you are considering the discounted route, make sure the unit you are looking at has the 128 meg memory stick (rather than the older 32 meg one) and the fully unlocked map CD.

Older units that have been discounted before contained the smaller capacity memory stick and the older map disk. Also, older units required you to pay to unlock the Map Disc. It came with a coupon to unlock one region (out of 10) in the US, and additional regional unlocks were $79.00 each. The entire disc could be unlocked for $225.00.

The curent model (deluxe kit) includes the 128meg memory stick and a fully unlocked MapSource map CD. The newer Map CD (ver 4.01) has so much additional detail over the previous ones that the 128 meg stick is almost a necessity.

Using an aftermarket GPS allows you full use of the radio system at the same time, rather than having to use the in dash setup for both entertainment and navigation.

When considering navigation gear, keep in mind that a GPS is always available without subscription. The NavStar type setups use 2way communications to keep track of your car (and you) for their services, as well as for the navigation features. With them, if you don't pay for their service, the navigation part is useless.
Old 06 Oct 2003, 12:53 am
Regular Cruiser

Hey there fella's, My '03 GT is currently @ the dealer getting stage 1 installed, but the navigation system is included in the car, I've played with it and have yet to fully figure it out, but the dealer has not mentioned anything about a chip upgrade or a monthly fee for certain features, it's a Chrysler type navigation system with a 1 disc CD, there's about 12 or 14 buttons on it, any pro's or con's on ANYONE with this navigation/stereo system.... Thanx Stew
Old 07 Oct 2003, 12:33 am
Regular Cruiser

stew the one you are getting is the one that goes into the spot were the current radio is that is the one i would like to get but it's pricey at 1400.°° bucks...and i think the fee is if you have satilite or cirrus radio... lets see some ic's when you can.. thanx
ptcruizerman
daniel
Old 07 Oct 2003, 12:35 am
Regular Cruiser

ps. I don't think they are standard on any of the '04's