PT Cruiser Forum  

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Interior Accessories Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Stuck Drivers side seatbelt?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12 Nov 2008, 10:54 am
Fresh Cruiser

Default Stuck Drivers side seatbelt?

I was getting out of my Cruiser a couple days ago and my purse caught on the plug for my seatbelt and yanked it really hard. Now the belt is stuck at half way (( a bit snug for me but still serviceable. I was wondering how I might be able to fix this without going to the dealership?

Old 12 Nov 2008, 10:59 am
Senior Cruiser

Send a message via Skype™ to Teekypt
Default Re: Stuck Drivers side seatbelt?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrnBrryCruiser View Post
I was getting out of my Cruiser a couple days ago and my purse caught on the plug for my seatbelt and yanked it really hard. Now the belt is stuck at half way (( a bit snug for me but still serviceable. I was wondering how I might be able to fix this without going to the dealership?
The tongue/latch for the seat belt doesn't fit snugly into the buckle? Or it fits too snug? Do you think the button on the buckle is damaged? Was the button pulled out from the buckle or...trying to imagine how your purse damaged it...think the spring needs to be oiled?

http://www.math.uh.edu/~tai/Today/Clean3.jpg
Old 12 Nov 2008, 11:13 am
Fresh Cruiser

Well it's not the actual buckling part but the belt itself. It's stuck halfway out.

Old 12 Nov 2008, 11:21 am
Senior Cruiser

Quote:
Well it's not the actual buckling part but the belt itself. It's stuck halfway out.
Oh!!! the belt isn't reaching it's full capacity/length? Oh...okay. Hmm, did you try pulling the belt in short intervals...like slightly yank it...cuz now im thinking that you may have pulled it off the pulley, or it's tangled on the pulley.

Old 12 Nov 2008, 11:24 am
Senior Cruiser

Lydia,

See here:
My seatbelt will not come out. i have examined it and it isn't tangled. it just won't come out. ? - Yahoo! Answers

Old 12 Nov 2008, 11:24 am
Fresh Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teekypt View Post
Oh!!! the belt isn't reaching it's full capacity/length? Oh...okay. Hmm, did you try pulling the belt in short intervals...like slightly yank it...cuz now im thinking that you may have pulled it off the pulley, or it's tangled on the pulley.
Not the case either, i actually pulled off the outer plastic casing (( AKA the plastick interior of the car)) and the belt looks like it is feeding smoothly into the retractor.

Old 12 Nov 2008, 11:51 am
Senior Cruiser

Quote:
Not the case either, i actually pulled off the outer plastic casing (( AKA the plastick interior of the car)) and the belt looks like it is feeding smoothly into the retractor.
Wow....I'm stumped. Sorry.

Hopefully some of the mechanics on this forum can help you out, when they view ur post.

Old 12 Nov 2008, 06:53 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

CrnBrryCruiser, no matter what DO NOT oil your seat belt, it will react with the belt and cause it to deteriorate and weaken. In the PT as well as most cars there is a counter weight that swings up to stop the belt from loosening in a accident.

I cannot give you any ideas on the repair (if any), I just can't visualize how your purse strap could cause that problem. I would suggest a dealer fix, yes, it may be expensive, but it would be done right. Now, if you have a trusted mechanic, that may be the fix. Good luck and let us know what happens.

2008 Silver Steel Metallic, Touring, NA, Sirius; Chromed door handles; lower grille; fog light surrounds; chrome front & rear bumpers strips; Airaid air filter; Bassani duals; Modesty Cover; Autolite AP5263 Platinum Plugs (.040); Crane Plug Wires; NAPA Ceramic pads; Blane hood struts; PTeazer Gas, Brake & Foot Rest Pedals, '05 Rear Step Pad, Stainless Door Sills, Llumar tint, "A" Piller chrome; APC Strut Bar
Old 13 Nov 2008, 10:29 am
Fanatic Cruiser

have no idea but COULD you just replace the entire belt????? I don't even know who sells them but Id bet some body does