Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Interior Accessories Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Northwest Technologies 5 Switch Kit installed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02 Sep 2003, 09:36 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Default Northwest Technologies 5 Switch Kit installed

Installed the 5 switch kit that replaces the coin holder. The switches are good switches with excellent feel and positive actuation. Purchased the red illumination, looks very nice. I had to modify the installation procedure slightly, due to the fact that I have a benevento purple carbon fiber kit on the console that I did not want to remove. This made the gap between the tape and the surfaces where that tape is to adhere a little too wide. So I drilled 1/4' hole in the switch plate on 2 sides, and a 1/8" hole inside the change holder area and used #10 x 1/2' sheet metal screws to attach the switch plate. Tightened the screws ONLY to the point where the screwheads contact the switchplate with a slight pressure. The switch plate was not made to be attached w/screws and is fairly pressuere sensative. Too much pressure & it will crack. Used chrome screw covers from a license plate kit to conceal the screws. Pics below:

Switches Off:

Switches on (sorry anout the blue, but the center switch is for the interior neons):

Alan[}]
Old 03 Sep 2003, 09:36 am
Senior Cruiser

Gear Head

Looks good. Nice installation job. Like the carbon fibre also. Did you put in on the air bag and over the instrumentation gauges?
Old 03 Sep 2003, 01:14 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

BigDogDad, The Benevento kit did not include those pieces. If I can find the right color tint, I might tint those, but thats a lot of work, and I'm not sure that its worth it. I wish I had the bucks to go to the chrome airbag cover, and instrumrnt facia, But alas, my mother married for love and not for money! DRATS !![:I]

Alan