PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Inferno Red Dashboard Centre Console Surround

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13 May 2009, 08:28 am
Fresh Cruiser

Default Inferno Red Dashboard Centre Console Surround

Hello, me again..

Am looking to get hold of the above...preferably without paying a fortune...
The surround on mine is a dark grey colour with a vinyl covering which is peeling off and looking really tatty... I was hoping maybe I could get one from a breakers yard... Is that the right route to take?

Hugely grateful for any suggestions.x
Old 13 May 2009, 12:31 pm
Cool Cruiser

Default Re: Inferno Red Dashboard Centre Console Surround

What year is you PT?
02' Black Woodie Limited Edition Drop in K&N Air Filter w/air box mod. 06 tail lights, Limo tint all around, orange LED interior, Mopar 8 inch sub, Stull side pipes. Silver stars upfront, a little chrome
Old 14 May 2009, 05:58 am
Fresh Cruiser

It's 2001.
Old 14 May 2009, 01:38 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

By the use of the term "Breakers yard" I assume you are from the UK. That said, there was directions on painting the console. I did paint my 2002 using those directions about 5 years ago. If you do a search and find the info you can do the same. I did use dealers spray paint, but if I had to do it over I would go to Wal Mart and use Duplicolor paint there. It sounds as if you do it you would have to wet sand the console first. Good Luck.

2008 Silver Steel Metallic, Touring, NA, Sirius; Chromed door handles; lower grille; fog light surrounds; chrome front & rear bumpers strips; Airaid air filter; Bassani duals; Modesty Cover; Autolite AP5263 Platinum Plugs (.040); Crane Plug Wires; NAPA Ceramic pads; Blane hood struts; PTeazer Gas, Brake & Foot Rest Pedals, '05 Rear Step Pad, Stainless Door Sills, Llumar tint, "A" Piller chrome; APC Strut Bar
Old 14 May 2009, 03:49 pm
Senior Cruiser

get a factory match colour spray bomb ie from a autobody supply store and paint it your self.
PT Cruiser Inferno Red GT Cruiser. 5Spd 215HO HP 17" Chrome wheels, Chrome gas cap, door spears, door handle cups, door buttons,door lock pins, vent covers,rear spoiler,rear painted mudflaps,, chrome/carbon fibre/like ebrake cover, wiper jet covers,bra, seat covers,Mr. Mikes welting, chrome valve stems and caps, leather ebrake boot,chrome change holder cover,black/red leather steering wheel cover, chrome antenna bezel and chrome 12:" antenna,rear quarter window decals, winter car cover for winter storage, special made DREAM CREWZER dash plaque.upper windshield eyebrow tint , gts headlight protectors, carbon fibre taillight covers,car cover,K&N drop in filter, AMX intake pipe, shiny metal steering wheel spoke covers:Mopar door sills, rear chrome licence insert.street series badge,billett grill,engine start button, red brake calipers,painted engine manifold,chrome vent knobs,chrome/carbon fibre shift knob
Old 14 May 2009, 05:59 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

Send a message via Yahoo to Candyman
Smile Re: Inferno Red Dashboard Centre Console Surround

Hey Everyone,

Yep, I totally agree, if your not wanting to break the bank on it, I would look at doing it yourself. The only difference being, if you want a really close color match to the rest of your dash, I would try to find a local Paint Supply Store than supplies body shops in your area with paint, primers and body shop supplies first. Most have a computer equipped camera system much like many large Home Improvement Stores have gone too that can take a digital photo of your paint and give an exact formula, and then can mix up some acrylic Enamel in a spray paint can for around $15.00.

Biggest thing to keep in mind is you are going to need to do a lot of prep for a good outcome! That is where the money is when it comes to having it done professionally.

You have to make sure you sand everything extremely well, and smooth so the primer will adhere correctly and give a good surface for the paint to adhere correctly toor the paint will eventually peel and come off. I just painted my center, along with the rest of my dash, but did it in a professional paint booth at my friends body shop with $380.00 in paint alone with 2 coats of base silver, 3 coats of expensive candy tangerine pearl, and clear to match my outside color. This is an extreame example but here is a pic.

Cruiser Motorsport has a kit you can buy already painted for $185.00

They are updating their website but here is the info in the UK.

sales@cruise-motorsport.co.uk - 01592 659191

If you decide to try painting it yourself and have any questions or need a step by step, please let me know and I will walk you through it.
Go easy, and I will catch ya later.

Candyman

Check out my Custom PT Club Website: http://westvalleyforum.proboards.com/index.cgi
And my ever growing PT Photo Archives: http://s458.photobucket.com/albums/q...uiserArchives/

Please Like my Hot Rod Restoration and Detail Shop on Facebook.
https://www.facebook.com/BlueDiamondDetailing
Old 14 May 2009, 06:04 pm
Cool Cruiser

Hope this images come out. It's my center console that Ray at PTeazer did for
me. I installed it myself.
Ray might have the paint code for the silver paint if you want to do it yourself

cheers,
Karen
Old 14 May 2009, 06:08 pm
Cool Cruiser

Yeah it came out. Here's another view. BTW, thanks Ray for doing such a
wonderful paint job.
Old 14 May 2009, 06:12 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

Send a message via Yahoo to Candyman
Smile Re: Inferno Red Dashboard Centre Console Surround

Hey jccc,

As I was told a while back the stock color for the interior dash in silver is called Titanium Silver Metalic, available by PPG in a Factory Pack. Biggest problem now is it was a solvent based paint which is no longer available by EPA restrictions. Not sure what the new code is for the water bourne paint but most any Body SHop Supply should be able to tell you.

I have to go over tomorrow to pick up some stuff to paint my angine to match and can see if I can come up with the correct code, and info for ya. So check back in and I should have it by afternoon.

Anyways, go easy and I will catch ya later.

Candyman

Check out my Custom PT Club Website: http://westvalleyforum.proboards.com/index.cgi
And my ever growing PT Photo Archives: http://s458.photobucket.com/albums/q...uiserArchives/

Please Like my Hot Rod Restoration and Detail Shop on Facebook.
https://www.facebook.com/BlueDiamondDetailing
Old 15 May 2009, 04:24 am
Fresh Cruiser

Thanks for the advice guys...
Looks like I'll give the DIY respray a go.
Cheers!x