PT Cruiser Forum  
Advertisements

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Interior Accessories Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Help me! These mystery pieces fell into my car!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20 May 2009, 08:41 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Help me! These mystery pieces fell into my car!

I heard a 'ding' (I assume as they hit each other falling from wherever they came) and saw the following items lying on the floor in front of my passenger seat.

What are they and where the heck do I stick them back in!? (and yeah, I know one's a fuse)

2003 PT Cruiser GT (with probably about every optional accessory )

Here are the pics. Quarter added to show size.

Thank you in advance!!

Last edited by mandim; 20 May 2009 at 08:42 pm. Reason: adding
Old 21 May 2009, 08:07 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Help me! These mystery pieces fell into my car!

Nice pictures. Looks like some part of in-line fuse holder for a particular accessory. Something you have isn't working because there's no fuse on it. See if you can get down underneath the passenger glove compartment and look around for the rest of it. Probably a wire hanging somewhere with the rest of the fuse holder.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 21 May 2009, 08:33 am
Cool Cruiser

X2
02' Black Woodie Limited Edition Drop in K&N Air Filter w/air box mod. 06 tail lights, Limo tint all around, orange LED interior, Mopar 8 inch sub, Stull side pipes. Silver stars upfront, a little chrome
Old 21 May 2009, 04:11 pm
Young Cruiser

I'm not 100% sure, but they look like something that would fall out of a cigarette lighter/power plug. Just a guess, I had something similar come out of my 96 Mitsubishi Eclipse GST Spyder's cigarette lighter plug a few years ago.
Old 21 May 2009, 07:03 pm
Cool Cruiser

I agree that the parts look like components for a cigarette lighter plug. Do you have a accessory that was not from the factory? Maybe someone installed it and used a cigarette lighter plug to make the power connection, maybe for ease of removal.
2001 LE, Shale Green, Aftermarket Wheels, Shorty Antenna, AirRaid Cold Air Intake, Whelen Talons (amber/white) in front windshield, Whelen Talons (amber) in rear side windows, Tomar RECT25's (amber) and Whelen Slimlighter(amber) in back window. Kenwood TK-880H 45 Watt Mobile Radio, Antenex 3db antenna w/ NMO mount.

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v7...0PT%20Cruiser/

Ham: N9PTC
GMRS: WPQS324
Old 21 May 2009, 08:54 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Ok, well, neither the 'receptacle' that would be the cigarette lighter, nor the power outlet, or the power outlet in the trunk are working, and they WERE working prior to these pieces appearing on my floor. I pulled out my glove compartment, and there are no wires seemingly dangling.

I had a problem with my power locks both not working at all, and then refusing to lock altogether a couple weeks ago, so after $380 at the dealership, them 'investigating', I believe the guy said they had to replace a wire in the door? (I just moved somewhere where French is mostly spoken, and its hard, seeing as I don't speak it!) Also, a few years ago, my car was crushed by a falling tree, and had to get a ton of work done to it.

I've had my dad trying to talk my through figuring out what it is and where it goes, and he's saying that those kinds of fuses shouldn't be in my car at all. By the way, it looks like it's a 3A fuse.

Any more ideas where I can find where it's come from?

(oh, and no, no aftermarket accessories)
Old 26 May 2009, 06:50 pm
Fresh Cruiser

No one ?
Old 27 May 2009, 06:22 am
Fanatic Cruiser

I think you misunderstood what the others said. Those are not pieces to the power outlet in your car. They parts to an accessory that would plug into said outlet. Check your phone charger, gps, radar detector, etc.
Old 27 May 2009, 04:48 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Thank you lowpt! I hadn't even considered that, seeing as it seemed that it was my power outlets that were not working, and I thought that that was connected to this mystery fuse. It seems the 2 are not connected at all.

I looked through my 'accesories' that can plug into my lighter sockets, low and behold, it was my GPS charger that was missing the end! I didn't even notice.

Just put it back together, but now before I can test it out, I'll have to check the fusebox under the hood and hope that a blown fuse is why the outlets are not working. Very weird coincidence that those 2 things would occur at the same time. Oh well.

Thank you everyone else too!
Old 28 May 2009, 08:17 am
Obsessed Cruiser

mandim, glad you were able to ascertain where those pieces came from. Good luck on the fuse search.

2008 Silver Steel Metallic, Touring, NA, Sirius; Chromed door handles; lower grille; fog light surrounds; chrome front & rear bumpers strips; Airaid air filter; Bassani duals; Modesty Cover; Autolite AP5263 Platinum Plugs (.040); Crane Plug Wires; NAPA Ceramic pads; Blane hood struts; PTeazer Gas, Brake & Foot Rest Pedals, '05 Rear Step Pad, Stainless Door Sills, Llumar tint, "A" Piller chrome; APC Strut Bar