PT Cruiser Forum  

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Interior Accessories Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

complete kit

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21 Jun 2010, 01:14 am
Fresh Cruiser

Default complete kit

hey guys i am looking for complete interior kit i want black headliner and carpet, black and green leather upholstery and i am looking for a steering wheel cover that will even cover the bars connecting it to the center if anyone could tell me where i could find this stuff i would greatly appreciate it thanks
Old 21 Jun 2010, 03:46 am
Dedicated Cruiser

Send a message via Yahoo to Candyman
Smile Re: complete kit

Hey their chance_davis63,

Sounds like you have a good plan in place.

Mr Mikes is probably one of the best known for custom PT Interior Kits. Very nice guy, does good work, and is fairly reasonably priced.

Here is his website:

MrMikes PT Cruiser Home

Or if you want to go the expensive route, Katzkin is the best available IMOH.

Katzkin Leather Interiors | The World Leader in Automotive Leather

And last but not least, Grant makes a steering wheel fiberglass half shell with is molded to fit over your existing steering wheel as to not interfere with your factory air bag unit. Keep in mind that it is just an overlay half shell which basically means it is just the top half that fits the face, and is held on by 3M double sided sticky tape, but they are cool, and come in a few different styles. Here is a direct Link to Grant as well. Just click on a part number from the list and it will show the product. Make sure you verify if you have the newer, or older body type for proper fitment.

http://64.60.165.189/showapplication...%20CRUISER

If you choose to do your own install, and have any questions, i am always more than happy to try to help answer any questions you might have, so I ma here if you should need me.

Go easy, and I'll catch you later.

Candyman

Check out my Custom PT Club Website: http://westvalleyforum.proboards.com/index.cgi
And my ever growing PT Photo Archives: http://s458.photobucket.com/albums/q...uiserArchives/

Please Like my Hot Rod Restoration and Detail Shop on Facebook.
https://www.facebook.com/BlueDiamondDetailing

Last edited by Candyman; 21 Jun 2010 at 04:12 am.
Old 21 Jun 2010, 07:34 pm
Cool Cruiser

Default Re: complete kit

Great links, Candyman. Did not know the first one at all.
Old 21 Jun 2010, 10:06 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Thumbs up Re: complete kit

Mr. Mike has been a great person to do business with!

and ...QuickSilver 2.....the 2010 Couture Edition.
And....The 2005 Dream Cruiser Convertible....."My Chocolate Covered Cruiser".
Old 21 Jun 2010, 11:58 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candyman View Post
Hey their chance_davis63,

Sounds like you have a good plan in place.

Mr Mikes is probably one of the best known for custom PT Interior Kits. Very nice guy, does good work, and is fairly reasonably priced.

Here is his website:

MrMikes PT Cruiser Home

Or if you want to go the expensive route, Katzkin is the best available IMOH.

Katzkin Leather Interiors | The World Leader in Automotive Leather

And last but not least, Grant makes a steering wheel fiberglass half shell with is molded to fit over your existing steering wheel as to not interfere with your factory air bag unit. Keep in mind that it is just an overlay half shell which basically means it is just the top half that fits the face, and is held on by 3M double sided sticky tape, but they are cool, and come in a few different styles. Here is a direct Link to Grant as well. Just click on a part number from the list and it will show the product. Make sure you verify if you have the newer, or older body type for proper fitment.

Steering Wheels - Grant Products

If you choose to do your own install, and have any questions, i am always more than happy to try to help answer any questions you might have, so I ma here if you should need me.

Go easy, and I'll catch you later.

Candyman
hey candyman i forgot to mention my cruiser is an 06 and mr mikes only goes to 05 would the stuff still work
Old 22 Jun 2010, 08:20 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Contact Mr Mikes and ask them your question.

2008 Silver Steel Metallic, Touring, NA, Sirius; Chromed door handles; lower grille; fog light surrounds; chrome front & rear bumpers strips; Airaid air filter; Bassani duals; Modesty Cover; Autolite AP5263 Platinum Plugs (.040); Crane Plug Wires; NAPA Ceramic pads; Blane hood struts; PTeazer Gas, Brake & Foot Rest Pedals, '05 Rear Step Pad, Stainless Door Sills, Llumar tint, "A" Piller chrome; APC Strut Bar
Old 22 Jun 2010, 09:35 am
Dedicated Cruiser

Send a message via Yahoo to Candyman
Smile Re: complete kit

Hey their EssexExport,

I thank you Sir! Yeah, Mitch is actually about 15 minutes from my house which is extremely dangerously tempting to Cruise over to his shop and spend money on a regular basis. Luckily I have a loving Wife who is excellent at keeping me in check, or I would be in real trouble. Great Guy though, and he is extremely knowledgeable, has a warehouse packed floor to cieling with parts literally, and is just a huge part of the PT Community! Sadly, Mitch lost his Wife Denise very suddenly, and unexpectedly, and 76 PT's showed up for her Services alone.

Anyways, if you, or anyone else might be looking for parts, maybe try giving Mitch a call, and he will look out for you. If you do call, please tell him Candyman sent you, and says hello.

And, Hey their chance_davis63,

As for the year, I believe he is doing the newer model PT's as well, and may have just not updated his website recently. I do know he stays crazy busy so... But just like Hooligan mentioned, the bast thing to do would be to give him a call and talk out your plan with him. He has the machinery, and know how to pretty much do anything right their in his shop, so he is most definitely the man with the plan.

You go easy, and please let me know how things work out, or if you have any questions and I'll try my best to point you in the right direction.

Catch ya later.

Candyman

Check out my Custom PT Club Website: http://westvalleyforum.proboards.com/index.cgi
And my ever growing PT Photo Archives: http://s458.photobucket.com/albums/q...uiserArchives/

Please Like my Hot Rod Restoration and Detail Shop on Facebook.
https://www.facebook.com/BlueDiamondDetailing

Last edited by Candyman; 22 Jun 2010 at 09:56 am.
Old 23 Jun 2010, 12:15 am
Fresh Cruiser

thank you both
Old 28 Jun 2010, 04:33 pm
Young Cruiser

When I spoke with Mitch by email in April, he said he did not do 06-10 Cruiser seats since the patterns were different. He said he was going to work up the design this summer.
If you know that he is producing them, let me know as I have a pair of front seats that need recovering and Katskin has so far refused to just supply the front seats in Stock Lt. Grey. Mike said he would do just the front seats when he got the pattern worked out.

Sorry to hear about his loss...Lost my wife to the big C last year and know exactly what he is going thru.
Old 30 Jun 2010, 09:39 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Talking Re: complete kit

BEWARE OF THE MOD BUG!
(YOU are IN SEASON!)

and ...QuickSilver 2.....the 2010 Couture Edition.
And....The 2005 Dream Cruiser Convertible....."My Chocolate Covered Cruiser".