Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Interior Accessories Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Carpet Colors

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02 Nov 2010, 06:55 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Carpet Colors

What is the carpet color for a 01 PT? I'm the 2nd owner and the carpet is kinda dirty. I found an Ebay listing for replacement carpet and I want to get the factory color.
Old 03 Nov 2010, 03:04 am
Banned

Default Re: Carpet Colors

Just get whatever color floats your boat. It won't make the car worth any less when you trade it in, if that's what you're concerned about.

Jerry
Old 03 Nov 2010, 11:53 am
Fresh Cruiser

I think it's a dark grey color and it was switched to a lighter grey 06+.
Old 03 Nov 2010, 08:58 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Cool Re: Carpet Colors

How about "colorU]s[/U] "??

Mopar OEM Chrysler PT Cruiser Premium Floor Mats with Chrysler Wings Logo 06-Up - AutoTruckToys.com

2011 GWE Dodge Challenger SRT8 as Show Car
2003 PT Cruiser GT Panel Van Conversion as new day driver.

Have now owned 6 PT Cruisers = Me PT Crazy!
Old 03 Nov 2010, 10:48 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

And.....
Interior Accessories
..and these are the ones I like best...since they are available in either interior color, with contrasting trims.
Mopar OEM Chrysler PT Cruiser Premium Floor Mats with Chrysler Wings Logo 06-Up - AutoTruckToys.com

Old 04 Nov 2010, 05:19 am
Dedicated Cruiser

Send a message via Yahoo to Candyman
Smile Re: Carpet Colors

Hey their mash35231,

As far as OEM Colors go, Chrysler lists the Taupe, Beige Pearl as being the only Factory Color for 2001. Here is a Link to a handy Listing.

http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...int-codes.html

Depending on how dirty and deteriorated it is, you still may be able to save it, or possibly Dye it to bring it back if on a Budget, or are kinda nervous about changing out the Carpet in your Ride, however changing the Carpet out is actually a pretty simple job in of itself especially now with the Injection Molded Kits, they come ready to go and as hassle free as possible.

Also by changing out the Carpet, you can opt to go with a limitless array of Custom Colors, as well as usually during a normal install, you can opt to utilize your old Carpet as a form of insulation making it more soundproof thus reducing road noise by some degree. Though it is not as good as say Dynamat, but every little bit counts big time!

I have not done a write up on this subject as of yet, but would be more than happy to sit down and write something out on how to perform this install, or how to clean, or dye your OEM Carpet if you would like anytime if you should need any further help on this Project. Just say the word, and I would be more than happy to try to help out where ever I can.

Check out my Custom PT Club Website: http://westvalleyforum.proboards.com/index.cgi
And my ever growing PT Photo Archives: http://s458.photobucket.com/albums/q...uiserArchives/

Please Like my Hot Rod Restoration and Detail Shop on Facebook.
https://www.facebook.com/BlueDiamondDetailing

Last edited by Candyman; 04 Nov 2010 at 05:23 am.
Old 05 Nov 2010, 09:00 pm
Fresh Cruiser

I've replaced carpet in 2 other cars. The carpet in my 01 PT is really dirty. I even borrowed a carpet cleaner and removed the carpet from the car to clean it. It's much cleaner than when I purchased the car but not clean enough for me to be happy with it. I'd rather buy new carpet in the factory color and be happier with the interior of the car. Of the carpets that I can find online the color "Taupe" is different from one carpet to the other.
Old 07 Nov 2010, 01:00 am
Dedicated Cruiser

Send a message via Yahoo to Candyman
Smile Re: Carpet Colors

Hey their mash35231,

To be honest, if you already have the carpeting completely out of the car minus the insulation, and its really dirty, I would fill a bucket of soap (I would say Dawn Dish washing Liquid if your carpeting is really reasy, or Oily, or also Simple Green might work as well), grab a good stiff Bristle Brush, scrub the heck out of it, and then grab a garden hose with a spray nozzle and hose the carpet down till you see no more dirt, and or soap flush out.

That should get the majority of most any dirt, stains, or much of anything else embedded in the Carpeting without much problem. Then just suck the excess water out with a Wet/Dry Shop Vac, or if you don't have one of those, rent one of those Carpet Extractors from the Store, and let the rest sit out in the sun for a few hours to finish drying and you should really have a nice and clean carpet.

Its up to you. Either that or on Carpet colors, its gonna be extremely hard to get a perfect dead on match, but I would hit up MR Mikes again. He has a very good Rep, and should be able to get you pretty close.

Check out my Custom PT Club Website: http://westvalleyforum.proboards.com/index.cgi
And my ever growing PT Photo Archives: http://s458.photobucket.com/albums/q...uiserArchives/

Please Like my Hot Rod Restoration and Detail Shop on Facebook.
https://www.facebook.com/BlueDiamondDetailing
Old 07 Nov 2010, 07:05 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

And, if you are satisfied that the stains are pretty much out, you can drive-in to a carpet cleaning shop and have them do real good finish job. They charged me $65 to do a minivan I bought for the son.