PT Cruiser Forum  
Advertisements

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Interior Accessories Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Rearview mirror "retro-look" adds some...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03 Dec 2003, 08:51 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

Default Rearview mirror "retro-look" adds some...

more color and detail to my car's Dark Slate Grey leather interior. The two-inch turquoise fuzzy dice with royal blue dots and the turquoise mirror muff were made by Dice-N-Stuff..."Fuzzy Dice and Accessories for Your Rod and Custom Car": http://www.dicenstuff.com/

Just another inexpensive interior MOD if you like that 1950's "RETRO LOOK".

Old 03 Dec 2003, 09:11 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

looks bright!![8D]
Old 04 Dec 2003, 12:18 am
Cool Cruiser

They look nice. I had the dice on my 54 Chev. many years ago.
Old 04 Dec 2003, 11:14 am
Obsessed Cruiser

I like the dice, don't like the mirror surround - but then, I don't have to, it's not my PT!

Say - I haven't seen anyone with the bronzed baby shoes in place of the fuzzy dice - anyone remember those? I remember seeing them all the time in "hot rods".

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 04 Dec 2003, 12:00 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Way back then, bronze baby shoes were all[)] the rage!!!!
Old 04 Dec 2003, 12:33 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

Mirror surround looks like it really cuts down your rear view visibility, not my cup of tea.

2002 Inferno Red PT Limited
Photos and more at: http://www.randgraphics.org/PT_Cruiser/demos/index.htm
Mercedes Wiki
Old 04 Dec 2003, 03:44 pm
Cool Cruiser

Ah Gary, I think you need a TIMEOUT. You're gonna get a ticket... from the local and fashion police.

In keeping with the Turbo image, how about an oval billet mirror?
Old 05 Dec 2003, 12:38 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

Well, I wasn't sure that I would like the mirror surround and [u]I didn't</u>--after only two days, this "cheap mod" is GONE forever. It not only cut down on rearview visibility but I didn't like looking at it every time I checked traffic in my mirror. As for the dice, think I may keep them--at least for now.

Any suggestions from anyone about what can be done to "brighten up" the Dark Slate interior short of spending big bucks getting "tuck and roll" naugahyde leather work done with color-accents to match the car's paint/flames/pin-stripes? I have considered replacing the leather seat inserts with another matching color like in the Dream Cruiser series.

BTW, I figured I'd get a few good laughsabout this "cheap mod thread" but I guess you all were being polite and/or politically correct. [8]

Stephen R., what are some other interior mods in keeping with the "Turbo image"?

Thanks. [?]
Old 05 Dec 2003, 03:02 pm
Cool Cruiser

Function over that which is superfluous. No, wait. That's not quite it. The Turbo lends itself to being a more sporting machine. More "tech" oriented and business-like.

The mirror I'm talking about is readily available from vendors in Street Rodder magazine. Lots of good ideas in there that can be creatively applied to PTs too. I have the stock RV mirror and supplemented it with a Lanechanger, http://www.lanechanger.com/

Other ideas: APC billet A/C vents (often on ebay) and painting the dash body color. Haven't seen this mod yet, but would look cool. As if hoodline continues into car. Maybe also painting the dash & floor consoles to continue the flow... [8]

Old 05 Dec 2003, 04:42 pm
Cool Cruiser

OK, the mirror thing looks like the one my mom used to put on the toilet seat many years ago...good one.

Glad to hear you took it off, we finally talked mom into removing the one years ago, the seat could not stay up with that thing on there, not something a female would notice.