Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Interior Accessories Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Extra Cigarette Lighter?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06 Feb 2011, 10:21 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Extra Cigarette Lighter?

Hi all! New here! I've had my PT cruiser for over a year now, and I've come here many times to get answers when I needed help. This time, however, I can't find the answer I'm looking for (and that is more than likely because I don't know the right words to search!)

Anyways, I am wondering if there is an extra cigarette lighter in the dash. The reason I ask is because my Cruiser has the one on the bottom, but last year we had to replace something in it, so we went to our local pick a part junkyard and found an 02 PT Cruiser very similar to mine, only, in the dash the middle piece (the one with the rear defrost) had an extra cigarette lighter plug. My husband's brother just got a Jeep, and he took out the dash to rebuild it, and he said there were extra plugs for things back there (I don't know, I'm a girl and don't pay a whole lot of attention XD) Anyways... I know Jeep and PT's are made by the same company, and I was wondering if anyone else knew if my car would have that extra plug as well before going to tear it out and look for myself!

Sorry if this all seemed like rambling, as I said, I'm not really sure what words I should have used, and I just want to know if this is possible!

Old 06 Feb 2011, 10:53 pm
Cool Cruiser

Default Re: Extra Cigarette Lighter?

It's there, I added mine aftermarket. Luckily my friend did it for me, took about 20 minutes. I bought mine at autozone, it's been in my car almost 2 years now.

Welcome from SoCal

Karen and Lil' Nilla
Old 06 Feb 2011, 11:27 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by chintzgirl View Post
It's there, I added mine aftermarket. Luckily my friend did it for me, took about 20 minutes. I bought mine at autozone, it's been in my car almost 2 years now.

Welcome from SoCal
You bought the electrical plug, or the dash piece? I already have the dash piece, I just want to know if the electrical components are there!
Old 07 Feb 2011, 01:20 am
Veteran Cruiser

Yes, the necessary wiring harness connectors are most likely there behind the switch console, and also in the rear by the cargo area light. I added both using auto salvage yard PT Cruiser power (cigarette lighter) outlets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BFFisME View Post
You bought the electrical plug, or the dash piece? I already have the dash piece, I just want to know if the electrical components are there!
Old 07 Feb 2011, 06:58 am
Veteran Cruiser

Send a message via Yahoo to WolfmanG

welcome to the site stranger in the bushes. lol sorry i don't have any help for you but it sounds like you have a 1st gen PT, 01-05. I have an 07 and it's mostly different from yours. as many time as i've taken my face plate off i've never seen an extra set of harnesses but then again, i've never really paid attention. and also my cigarette lighter maybe in a different place then yours or just in a different set up.
Greetings from San Antonio, Eve(07 Touring Ed) and I say hello.
see this is what mine looks like
Old 07 Feb 2011, 08:19 am
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by BFFisME View Post
Sorry I didn't make myself a little clearer. Yes, the wiring is there behind the dash.

Karen and Lil' Nilla

Last edited by chintzgirl; 07 Feb 2011 at 08:20 am. Reason: unneccesary information
Old 07 Feb 2011, 11:36 am
Fresh Cruiser

Ok, thanks so much! That will make things so much easier!
Old 07 Feb 2011, 01:37 pm
Senior Cruiser

Talking Re: Extra Cigarette Lighter?

and welcome also from Virginia