Advertisements

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Interior Accessories Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Flamed Billet Mirror install question?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14 Dec 2003, 02:51 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Flamed Billet Mirror install question?

Just purchased a Trenz flamed billet mirror from Moss (the one with the flames that stick up at the top, $129) & I was trying to install it this morning.
The 2 piece mounting bracket slid right down over the existing bracket on the windshield without any problem. However, when I tighten the mounting screw it did nothing. The bracket slides right back off.
Has anyone installed one of these mirrors? What do I need to do? Does the top of the 2 piece mounting bracket need to be glued to the existing bracket on the windshield first? If so, what kind of glue should I use? If I did that, then I think it would mount ok. But I didn't want to glue anything before I got some advice.
I tried calling Moss but they didn't know what to do. They said call back on Monday. I also tried called Trenz, but they're closed too.

Thanks, John
Old 14 Dec 2003, 04:33 pm
Regular Cruiser

There's a web site called ptdoityourself.net that has lots of guides on how to replace/install stuff. I did a quick search there and couldn't find anything. You might want to try it yourself, though because you can pose questions there. Please let us know what you find out. I have been looking at those mirrors myself. Good luck!
Old 15 Dec 2003, 10:36 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Nehope,I figured it out. The adapter piece that slides over the windshield mount has a very, very, small hex nut in it that I didn't see at first. I had to go buy a small hex wrench for it. The size was 1.5 mm. Then there is a little bit larger hex nut on the second mounting piece (that screws onto the first piece.) Other than that the install took less than 5 minutes. Pretty easy install.
Old 16 Dec 2003, 09:42 am
Regular Cruiser

Kewl - thanks. I wanna get the oval one that doesn't have the flames sticking out and I was really curious how difficult it would be to install. You gotta a picture?
Old 16 Dec 2003, 10:03 am
Dedicated Cruiser

Yea, post a pic!

2002 Inferno Red PT Limited
Photos and more at: http://www.randgraphics.org/PT_Cruiser/demos/index.htm
Mercedes Wiki
Old 16 Dec 2003, 10:37 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Unfortunately my digital camera is broke right now & I'm in the process of buying a new one.
Actually I think the oval flame mirror nehope is considering might be easier to install than mine was. It looks like that mirror has a screw right in the mounting plate. If so, you just unscrew your standard mirror from the windshield & screw up the oval billet one. It will take you about 30 seconds.
Old 31 Dec 2003, 04:38 pm
Regular Cruiser

Anyone looking for a Trenz product contact Gary Neworski benchracing@yahoo.com and tell him Roger referred you. He will give you a great deal & beat anybody's price out there.
[8)][?][|)]
To Many Modifications, Trophies, Awards, to list. i.e. 2005 Cruiser Quarterly Spring Issue Cover Feature. 2007-2004 Chrysler Custom Modified Vehicle Award Winner SEMA/NACE/C.E.S./World Of Wheels/ISCA/NCCA. 2003 Top Ten Chrysler PT Cruiser Custom Court Show Runner Up.
www.cardomain.com/ride/450026
Old 31 Dec 2003, 09:05 pm
Cool Cruiser

here's what my flamed billet mirror looks like installed. WARNING: edges are sharp.

flames&stripes by \"gator\" 2003 milan dragway \"chrysler classic\" winner