Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Interior Accessories Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
completed (for now) interior LED project

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10 Apr 2011, 09:32 am
Regular Cruiser

Default completed (for now) interior LED project

I managed to get my interior set up with the lighting the way I wanted. I've got very muted blue LEDs shining down into the front foot wells,(they're actually the PepBoys crappy 'mood lights" that can be bought 4 for about $10) and I added a single red LED below the climate controls that shines down on the cup holders. I did this by drilling a small hole that was just big enough for the LED to fit in to snuggly, then glued it in place with a few drops of super glue, and ran the wires out the back and under the center console.

I didn't get the chance to take any pics yet, as it was broad day light out when I finished. The foot well lights are dim enough where they don't even show up when it's light out. The red one I tied into my insterment lighting by tapping into the light for the shifter console.

Shortly after I completed everything and got cleaned up I got called out to work. I'm currently out of town, and probably won't be home until late tonight or even tomorrow morning. I'll try to get some pics posted when I return.

I want to give a shout out to Wolfman for his write up (which I can't seem to find today) on how to remove the center bezell. I had struggled for awhile trying to figure out how to remove it, but with his help I was able to get the bezell off without any troubles. Thank You Sir!

again I'll post some pics when I return home

Exco

Bill
Old 10 Apr 2011, 05:22 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Send a message via Yahoo to WolfmanG
Default Re: completed (for now) interior LED project

Hey thanx for the shout out. I can't wait to see your pix. If you ever need any help just send me a PM and i'll find the thread for you. Once you take off the center bezel for the first time, it's a sinch after that. Was this the one your were looking for? 2nd Gen ac control bezel removal/Playing with vinyl PT.2
Old 11 Apr 2011, 10:04 am
Regular Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfmanG View Post
Was this the one your were looking for? 2nd Gen ac control bezel removal/Playing with vinyl PT.2
yes, that is exactly the one that I was looking for! LOL

I got some bad pics taken last night when I got home. I guess it goes to show that you shouldn't always try to use your cell phone to take the pics. I'll try to get some more/ better ones with my real camera, and see if I've got better results.

This first pic is when I forgot to turn off the flash, so it's lit up pretty well. If you look closely (and I've got it circled) you can just see the blue glow on the foot well.

This next one is of the red LED that I installed under the center part of the dash. I need to do some tweaking, but all in all I am pleased with how it came out.

This one is of the left foot well. You can just see the corner of the brake pedal. I had to do some significant playing with the brightness and contrast just to get it to show up this well. I guess when you're going for very muted lighting, and you camera sucks, you're bound to get crappy pics

Here's one more from a slightly different angle.

I took about 8 or 10 pics last night. These 4 were the only ones that came out sort of viewable. I'll try to get some more later on tonight.

Exco

Bill
Old 12 Apr 2011, 06:12 am
Regular Cruiser

I took a few more pics.. they're not much better, but they are an improvement.

Exco

Bill
Old 12 Apr 2011, 06:39 pm
Senior Cruiser

Thumbs up Re: completed (for now) interior LED project

Excoastie if you want to do some more led's check out this web site i get all of my lights from this company and they work with you on any questions you might have LEDs - underbody kits, cathodes, flexible LED strips, dome lights

Old 12 Apr 2011, 07:45 pm
Regular Cruiser

Thanks. I've used them in the past, though I think I'm done for now.
My wife is already giving me funny looks

Exco

Bill